Chapter 8

Chapter 8

It has been two weeks since the last time Natalia saw Elena and had given her phone number and neither of them has contacted each other. Natalia could not understand the attraction towards her, she kept thinking of her last two encounters with her and how her desire for her grew. Natalia wondered how Elena has so much power over her and found herself in an internal struggle on how wrong it was on so many levels. Unprofessional was the first word that came to mind, how she could make such a big mistake on her first big case and not to mention how the outcome can be from her job and Elena. Natalia being the center of lies to both parties, she felt frustrated and could not think straight when it came to Elena. What if Elena held a big part in the investigation or worst became the prime suspect, what would happen if the FBI found out that she slept with her? Frightened and ashamed she felt, on how her credibility would be viewed as an agent of the law?

Her thoughts were interrupted by the car parking outside FBI building in Virginia. Ramos was driving them there to report all the information they had gathered in the last few months. After Natalia found the video footage that led to Elena's office, they had a perfect view on how, when and what happens in the company live and towards their investigation it was discovering the perfect surveillance and helped their investigation big time.

"We are here partner" Ramos said.

Natalia just nodded and unbuckled her seat belt quietly; before she got out of the car Ramos held her arm sitting her back in the car seat.

"Hey are you okay? You've been distant and always analyzing and thinking all the time, is it Michelle?" Ramos said.

Natalia internally cringed and felt guilty since her mood and thoughts had nothing to do with Michelle, she hadn't even thought of her, or trying to fix their relationship to become at least friends. She sadly looked into Ramos's eyes and lied.

"No it has nothing to do with Michelle, don't worry Ramos I'm ok just a little worried about our first case" Natalia answered as she got out of the car.

***

Elena arrived to her office on time like always and sat in her seat and sighed to herself. She took out her phone and looked at it to see if she had missing texts, calls, and emails anything. Seeing nothing new she threw her phone inside her drawer. She could not believe that two weeks had past and nothing not even a single call from Natalia. This made Elena mad and frustrated, never had somebody ignored her the way Natalia has done. Elena would always have control of the situation and her past relationships. If you can call them relationships, more like sexual encounters, even so she always was in control and she never, never waited. She wondered to herself why she even gave her number to Natalia, she has never done that before, she was the one who initiated the contact when she was feeling it or wanted it.

Elena also asked herself why she even cared, she found herself having feelings she could not explain towards Natalia and she didn't like it. She promised herself that next time that she had contact with Natalia she would not let herself continue to feel instead look for carnal desire like she always did in the past. A knock on her office door made her snap out of her thoughts on Natalia.

"Come in" Elena said.

"Mr. Chester, Ms. Chester" her secretary said.

In came Mr. Chester and walked elegantly in front of Elena's desk and sat on one of the office chairs.

"Uncle to what do I owe the pleasure of your company today" Elena said sarcastically.

"I wanted to see my niece is that a crime? Also I wanted to know if everything was set for the meeting tonight I heard you changed it and is going to be in your house instead of here why?" Mr. Chester said.