THE NINETH LETTER

THE NINETH LETTER

harry,

there are very few reasons left, but i feel as if number nine is an important one to include because the rest of these letters have made it sound like it was all your fault when it wasn't.

9. my depression.

this one is a heavier topic and im sorry that i have to write about it, but i wanted to include every single reason why and this is tragically one of them.

no, it wasn't that you weren't supportive and caring, because you were. you were and i could never repay you for that, not in a million years. there were countless times you pulled me back to my feet and taught me to run again, as horrifically dramatic as that sounds.

whenever i felt anxious, you'd wrap your arms around me just that little bit tighter and distract me with your rambles and, even though i knew exactly what you were doing, it worked. it calmed me down.

nights where i couldn't sleep, you would lie awake with me until you eventually fell asleep without realising it and wake up the next morning feeling so so tired but also guilty for falling asleep, which i hated.

which is why my depression is one of the reasons why we broke up. i felt like i was a burden to you. maybe that's why i didn't fight for us like i should have. i thought that you would be better off without me dragging you down like a brick.

so i didn't try to hold on. i just let you go.

no, i was never suicidal. thankfully i never got that low and that's all thanks to the people around me holding me up.

i just want you to know that im thankful for everything you did for me and that im sorry for being a burden.

thank you, harry,
love, marnie x