THE SIXTH LETTER

THE SIXTH LETTER

harry,

it's only been a few days since i sent the last letter, but i realised reason six:

6. you fell out of love with me.

and in that moment of realisation i felt like my entire world collapsed. it made me wonder at what point did you realise it too?

how long were we telling each other that we loved the other, only for one half of the pact to be spinning lies?

at first i was upset, but now i'm more angry than upset because you could have said something, anything and we could have broken it off sooner rather than it coming to it's sudden messy end. i loved you for months after we broke up, but it turns out you didn't love me when we were in it.

i wasted my time with you and that hurts like hell.

maybe my gut instincts knew and that's why i started to accuse you of cheating on me even more because you were. i know you were. i know that the time i caught you wasn't the only occasion. i know that now.

for the first time in months i cried because of you last night and it felt awful.

but now it's a new day and it's time to move on.

maybe things with simon will work out. we spoke on the phone again this morning. he comforted me with soothing words, just like you used to when you still cared.

im meeting simon tomorrow.

-marnie.