THE TWENTY SECOND LETTER [NOT SENT]

[NOT SENT]

harry,

i'm home after the unplanned weekend i spent with you. originally i'd only intended to go to the zoo with you and then potentially for food afterwards, but when i'd come home with you and reunited with the two cals the few hours i was meant to spend there turned into more.

after catching up, it was late by the time we ordered the pizza. so i ended up spending the night. it was slightly awkward when it came to us sleeping in the same bed for the first time in well over two years. i don't think you knew whether or not to wrap your arms around me like you used to, but it was ok because i let you know it was fine.

when we woke up, it was like i'd gone back in time three years. you smiled at me. it was a shy smile, but nice to wake up to nonetheless. you pulled your arms tighter around me and asked if i wanted food cooked.

it was simple things that warmed my heart when it came to you. that's what i realised as i ate my toast beside you in bed.

we spent the entire day in bed together just watching tv show after tv show. we didn't care that they were reruns of old shows. we talked over most of them anyway.

i wanted to ask you why you'd been ignoring me, but i was too afraid that you'd do it again. maybe i'll ask you next time i see you. i probably won't.

yours always,
love, marnie x