Prologue

Authors Note:

This story is an experimental text, something in a style I've never done before.  It will test the limits of my writing ability with the challenges within it.  As the story progresses the text becomes increasingly more muddled and complex, making it hard to tell the difference between reality and iillusion.

This story would be best described as a Satire, complicated and intertwined into a world that makes no sense with a narrator that is just as messed up as his surroundings. Don't expect answers, don't expect reasons, and just read it for what it is.

Prepare to have your mind blown.

Since this will be rated PG-13 getting votes does help, I'd like to get a good rank on the story if at all possible to get more readers.  This is if the ranking system is acutally working, since it's been pretty buggy.  So please do vote.

Since this is a heavy edit of an already completed (nearly) text, I will be posting the first few chapters in quick sucession, except daily or bi-daily updates for some time until I catch up to the end of the content I already have.

Enjoy.

----------

A sound blares from across the room, a deafening sound.  It’s a sound only comparable to a walrus having sex with a car alarm.  This wakes me up nearly instantly even though I in no way want to pull the warm shield off my body.  I look around the blurry room and watch as the walls swirl before they focus.  I know if I don’t turn off the fuck-fest it’ll get even worse.  Whose idea was it to place my phone on the dresser across the room anyways?

The sound increases, getting to that point where the neighbors upstairs and downstairs could probably hear it, it’s time to turn it off before I get another noise complaint.  Ugh, I hate Mondays.  I glaze slowly at the clock hanging above the dresser at the foot of the bed, two pm.  That time already?

Wait.

No.

This is incredibly stupid. Do people actually start stories with waking up?  That is like the most stupid thing possible.  Well, this isn’t even really where my story starts.  And, come to think of it, it does have to do with me waking up.  Well—shooting myself in the foot here.

But I wake up in a much, much different place than my lovely little apartment and still can’t explain that.  Sorry.  If you were expecting an explanation you really are not going to get one and you’re going to have to live with that.  My adventure is at its end now, but it began about three weeks, or a month, or two months—well, I truly have no idea ago, but I do know where it begun.  A hospital.

This is a story of insanity at its finest, the growing discontent of the unknown and the meddling melting mind of a single poor soul.  Even to this day I have no idea how I ended up in that predicament, how I woke up in that hospital or what damaged me enough to result in a hospital visit.  I have no idea where the hospital was, what it was for, what the doctors looked like, who else was there, or, well, anything else for that matter.  You’re just going to have to deal with it.

What I can say is that I’m better now, in a way; everything is back to normal—kind of.  What I can say was that everything came to finality, it all ended. Closure.

But if I have to start somewhere I guess I’ll start at the hospital. At the very beginning.