Sherlock: Mind Forest?

1) I'm sorry that I haven't updated in a few days but I wasn't sure how to write this.
2) Thank you guys so much for 200 reads, it's an incredible mile stone (even though it may not seem like it). You're all amazing people and I couldn't have got this far without you. Moving on swiftly to:
3) This is quite a strange idea but a few days ago I was thinking about Sherlock's Mind Palace and how it worked. Obviously it makes sense to him but I started to wonder about the practicality of it (yes this something that I actually thought about). Which is why I came up with this idea of a Mind Forest. I'll be explaining it further on into the imagine. Just try and understand what the dickens I'm talking about okay? (Let's all hope and pray that I'm good at explaining things XD)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sherlock's POV
Y/N had been doing virtually nothing for these past few days. All they would is stare into the fireplace and think. Even when I offered to get the milk and John dropped his laptop, they didn't budge. I was getting more and more worried as the days wore on. Y/N would still eat and sleep but did not once get up to go outside. John had given up all forms of conversation with them and had started staying round at Mary's. Finally I'd had enough.

"Y/N!! Will you listen to me?! You won't speak at all! Why is that?!" Y/N looked up at me, evidently startled. I watched with growing fear and curiosity as their face become it's usually stone wall and they shook their head silently. I sighed in defeat and slumped down in my chair. Maybe I should stay with Mycroft for a bit. He might understand.

Slowly, Y/N rose from their chair to empty their tea into the sink. I watched them carefully as they staggered into the kitchen to dispose of the vile drink. I clenched my jaw in anger and confusion.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your POV
You knew that you'd been distancing yourself from the other two for the past few days. It couldn't be helped though, you had no choice. Sherlock had recently been talking about his Mind Palace and how it worked. It and all seemed pretty confusing to you so you'd just nodded and pretended to understand. Now though, you had come up with your own way of remembering facts and details within a crime scene. The only problem was that Sherlock might think it was too close to copying and would ignore you. You sighed, you might as well explain yourself and get it over with.

As you stood, you could hear Sherlock from his bedroom. It sounded like he was moving a lot of items around, evidently searching for something. You tiptoed closer to the door and knocked on it lightly. You were slightly surprised that he'd even heard. Sherlock swung the door open and looked at you in surprise. His mouth was hanging open so you stared at it until he realised and quickly closed it again.

He beckoned you inside. The room smelt stale but also had a comfortable feel to it. Sherlock reopened his mouth to speak.
"You've been thinking I presume." His voice was monotone, indicating that he hadn't used it for a while. You winced, hoping it wasn't your fault.
"Uh-yeah. I wanted to tell you something." He paused, waiting for you to continue. You sucked in a subtle breath and began.
"You see, I was thinking about your 'Mind Palace' and the way that you made it work. Because of this, I sort of created my own thought building." Sherlock was looking at you, clearly baffled so you realised you needed to elaborate.

"I call it a 'Mind Forest'-" you watched him carefully as he raised one eyebrow but didn't comment "- the way it works is, for example: a small group of trees within it could be some knowledge, let's say Natural Disasters. From this you could take a singular tree which might be facts about Volcanoes. You would then take a branch from the tree which could be facts about Volcano Ash. Finally from this point you would take a leaf from the branch which would be a particular fact about the volcano ash, an example could be the ash that settled in Pompeii." You stopped for breath and looked over at Sherlock curiously. He seemed to be toying with his emotions, unsure if he should be confused or delighted. Or maybe even downright worried that you'd had a knock to the head. (Did you guys understand any of that? I was questioning myself whilst writing this so I wouldn't be surprised if you too are wearing the mask of confusion).

Sherlock smiled at you and patted your head patronisingly. You glared up at him through your fringe.
"Seems as though someone really does think like me after all." You blushed bright red, embarrassed from telling him what was going on in your mind. You leant against him, chuckling a little to yourself. He suddenly jumped up and dashed out of the room. You stared after his blur of a shape and wondered what he was up to now. Sherlock arrived back carrying the Deerstalker and grinned as he placed it on your head.

"Now there are two Sherlock Holmes' at 221B Baker Street."

A/N ayup Cumberbeans (okay it's decided, that your name from now on. Unless of course someone suggests a better one) I hope you enjoyed this Sherlock imagine. I'm not sure how much I like it but if you understood it and liked reading it then thank you. Baiiii-L