John: Even woolly jumpers have birthdays

-Attention-: I will not be able to upload any more imagines for the next few days because I'll be away with no wifi ;-;

Just letting you guys know, but this is a kid imagine. I'm not sure how many of you like these sort of ones shots but I thought I'd give it a go. Anyways, as per usual:
Y/N- your name
Y/L/N- your last name

WARNING: will contain references to abuse. May be triggering for some readers.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your POV
John was complaining again. Over the last few days he'd become more and more annoying, leading you to a point where you might have to play with the other 8 year olds in your class. The thought didn't bear thinking about.
"Y/N! You don't understand. The reason I always wear jumpers is because they have a birthday every single day." You glanced at him with a questioning look on your face.
"I'm sorry, what did you just say?"

John huffed but didn't reply, he knew that you had heard you were just confused.
"Imagine how you'd feel if your birthday wasn't celebrated." You sucked in a sharp breath as your mind was overrun with images of your last so called 'birthday'. A hand appeared in front of you as though it was about to strike down on you. Your thoughts became a whirling mass of shouting, slammed doors and bruise upon bruise. Dizziness descended on you with sudden rush leaving you vulnerable.

"Y/N!" You heard John say distantly "Y/N I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said that. Stay with me." Your vision slowly came back into focus but your breathing was shallow.

You shook your head and tried to get rid of the thoughts.
"Don't worry John, I'm fine. Sometimes it just feels almost real again." John hugged you tightly and gripped your hand.
"I know and it's okay." You calmed down a lot more when John spoke like this. It was soothing. After a few minutes he let go, obviously deciding that you were okay again. You kind of missed the warm feel it had given you. Instead of thinking about what it might mean, you focused on what John had said before.

"So, what did you mean by 'jumpers have birthdays too'?" You asked, frowning at the concrete playground.
"Nothing really-" he replied -"i was just coming up with a reason for why I wear jumpers a lot. I like to imagine that every time I wear one it is the jumper's birthday and I'm giving it a treat. I'm not sure how else to explain it." You chuckled a little bit at his embarrassed explanation and brushed some hair off his jumper of choice today.

"I see. You wear jumpers because it is their birthday?" John nodded enthusiastically.
"Pretty much." You grabbed his hand again and led him away from the noisy children playing around you and over towards a group of trees at the edge of the concrete.
"Come on then! Let's give this jumper the best birthday it has ever had."

John followed behind you quickly and grinned. The two of you played under an oak tree for the whole playtime, giving John's jumper the best day ever.

A/N ayup guys, I know this one isn't very long but I wasn't sure what to add. I don't even know what my thought process for this imagine was. Now that I've read it through I'm like, what? Anyways, I'll update when I return from my small trip. Baiii for now-L