Chapter 2 - Growing Apart (Better Off)

"Where are we going, why are we slowing down. Where are you going, we should be growing now."

Kendrick had , had enough of fighting and arguing every night with Kaillyn about the baby's health and his future.

"Kendrick, our child needs a better future and you still want to be out in the streets with your homies. you always in the studio but you never wanna spend time with K, your always in the streets , but never at home, your always thinking about your self Kendrick!" Kendrick turns around .

"I do think about my son! I'm only in the streets so I can provide for y'all.."   

"Are you sure Kendrick ?" Her eyes widened as she got in Kendrick's face. "Are you sure?! , Kendrick i'm not stupid, you got phone numbers all in your pockets.." 

"So you checking my stuff now?" 

"This is my house, I do whatever i want in MY House, If i wanna look through your shit , i will" 

"braH  I cant do shit in this house!" Kendrick mumbles.

"What?"! she barked.

before Kendrick could say anything Lil K starts to cry. Kaillyn finally hops off of Kendrick's back, and goes to his room. "Aww what's the matter with my baby?" she says as she picks him up. Kendrick stands behind her "Yo let me see him". Kaillyn pushes Kendrick away from her "Kendrick Move, get away from him". Kendrick backs up "Okay I got you Kaillyn.." Kendrick walks out of the room. Kaillyn puts him back to sleep and walks to her room. Kendrick's clothes were laid out on the bed. 

"Kendrick what are you doing?" Kendrick rapidly folding his clothes and throwing them into a gucci bag. "I'm doing what I shouldve done a long ass time ago". Kendrick grabs his bag , throws his beanie on his head. "What am i gonna do, who is gonna help me with K?" Kendrick stops at the door "I'll pick him up, just call me". 

"Where are you gonna go?"

"Anywhere but here." he opens the door and walks out.

Kendrick walks down the street of Compton, he knew it was a bad time to be out at night but he didn't care, he was just ready to get away from the drama, he was fed up and needed to get away. A few hours later Kendrick shows up at Top Dawg Head Quarters, he knocks on the door and  Soul opens it.

"Whats up?, What Happened to you?" Ab-Soul asked.

Kendrick walks into the studio. "Nothing Man , I'm just tired" 

"I feel ya, No wait , Nevermind"

"Nigga you got me hot!" Kendrick says with a big smile on his face.

"Whatever homie, Aye you wanna hop in the booth?

"Yea Lets go." Kendrick gets his notepad and write how he feels and in ten minutes, he was ready to spit his verse. 

Far From Here

"A nigga so goddamn stressed out I feel like, fuck everything right now. See I've been broke too long, can't find a job to save my life but i'll be damned if I give 'em my hand out. See my pride is one thing  I will not put aside , I'm too proud to beg, I'm sorry Left Eye. If I don't make it in life, motherfucker I tried. "

"I like the way it sounds when I say these words" Kendrick says while he's in the booth.

Ali from outside the booth "Yo keep going, your doing good." Ali plays the beat again and Kendrick lets out his feelings. 

"You ever feel like nobody never understands you but you? Not your momma, your poppa, only person is you. Not your brother, your sister, the only person is you. You ever feel like nobody never understands you but you? Nobody, nobody but you. So it feels like, like its only you. "

So i'm feeling like I want to, I want to, I want to, I want to go so far from here. Very, very far from here. I need to, I need to, I need to , I need to go so far from here. Very, very far from here.

by the time Kendrick finished the track he was asleep.

Next Day... 

Kendrick wakes up to Q singing in the kitchen 

"I've got sunshine , on a cloudy day.. , when its cold outside, I got yo momma manee.. , I guess you say, that my real name is Quincey , Hippy!" Soul Jumps in "Hippy, Hippy!" Kendrick jumps in " we talking wack hippy , on BET ooo" 

"What yo ugly ass doing in my spot cuHz?! Kendrick hops up "Shut up , Nigga you stupid!" Kendrick goes to Top Dawg's office "Aye Top in here?" Kendrick asked as he was about to knock on Top Dawgs door. "Yeah, He in there" Q says from the Kitchen . Kendrick opens the door and peeked in "Ayee Top! can you take me home? Top looks up "Yeah I'll be out in a minute". As Top grabs his keys Q screams from outside the room "Aye Dot , lemme hop on yo track, real quick!" 

"Auight" Q listens to the beat,  gets his note pad , writes his thoughts, and before kendrick left he went in the booth.

 "away from it all, take me out of hell where only heaven can visit. The smartest astronomers, they won't even see my vision. I'm stuck on the studio couch now, thinking bout my daughter. Times is getting harder, another beat is slaughtered. Just press record or, seems like I need a mill' to keep my shit in order. Instead of problem solving from my hat to my shoes, spirit laced with pride. Set some shit aside to help me wipe my teary eyes, Reaching for the skies, pissing on a cloud. Shitting on a bird's head, higher than a dread. As I fly thriugh the galaxy, pain an the agony Nothingness surrounding me, living my life. Though it's better to write configuring my style to the streets, brind dark to the light. So how you feel? My nigga, I keep it real. A scHoolboy soon to be star, Mr. Lamar."

Ali edits the track  and Kendrick goes outside to put his things in the car. While Kendrick is loading his bags in the car . A guy in a red jacket walks up on him "Yo K-Dot!" Kendrick turns around confused "Huh?"