Chapter 1

Chris's POV

Motionless In White had just got done playing a fantastic show in Chicago and I had just gotten to my hotel room and couldn't wait to hit the shower and my bed. I slid my room key through the door slot, opening the door, and walked in taking off my vest. I turned the small TV on, walking into the bathroom, and prepared myself to get washed.

As I was taking out some clean clothes to sleep in a knock at the door got my attention. Probably one of the guys messing around as usual. I walked up to the door and opened it, seeing nobody. I looked down the hallway and up the hallway. No one was there! Just as I was about to close the door I noticed a little girl standing there, holding a small pink Hello Kitty backpack.

"Uhm, hi?" I questioned. "Can I help you?" I noticed there was a yellow post-it note stuck to her pink shirt, so I bent to her level and peeled the note from her small chest.

Dear Chris,

This is Cassidee, my daughter, our daughter. She's four years old and I know that you'll take better care of her. She's better off with you. Don't bother come looking for me, please just take good care of her.

I looked up at the small child and noticed that she had dark brown hair, deep brown eyes, and something else that was a striking resemblance. The structure of the cheekbones and nose. But who could've placed her on the doorstep? Let alone know where I was staying at? No! This can't be my daughter! This is probably a scam to take care of some other guy's kid.

"DUDE! You're never going to believe what prank Balz just pulled!" Ricky laughed walking down the hallway. I was still bent down in front of this little girl, staring at her. "Dude? Why is there a little kid here?"

"She's my daughter," I said blankly.

"What?! Are you serious?!"

I handed Ricky the post-it note and stood up leaning against the doorframe. ''That's what this note says."

Ricky looked at me and then down at the little girl, he was just as stunned as I was. "There is no way she's yours! You don't have random hookups and you don't drink, so this can't be the result of a one-night stand."

"Come inside, Cass," I said moving to the side. She walked in and stood awkwardly in the middle of the floor. Ricky followed in close behind her and shut the door.

"What are you going to do? I mean I just don't believe this is real."

"What do you mean?" I sat down on the edge of the bed.

"How could someone know where we're staying at? Know exactly what room you're in and that you're this little girl's father? Dude, get a test done."

"Yeah, and if she's not mine? We just can't leave a little four-year-old girl on the side of the road."

"We'll have to call the police then and they can locate her mother, I guess?" Ricky turned to Cassidee and bent to her level. "Uhm, do you know where your mom is?"

"Mommy told me that I was going to live with Daddy and that she was going away and I couldn't go with her." She spoke in a soft voice. This poor kid was abandoned.

"She didn't tell you where?"

She shook her head 'no' and looked up at me. She stared at me for a few minutes and then gave me a small smile. I don't think I could leave her if she was or wasn't mine, just look at that face. I smiled back at her and looked back at Ricky.

"Then I guess that's what we'll just have to do. We'll get a DNA test." I said.