Chapter 2

Kurt was shaken from his dreams by an abrupt buzzing noise, loud and blunt-resembling that of a siren.

He groaned and painstakingly rolled over in his bed, blinking as he leaned over to his bedside table to turn off the alarm. He made a quick mental note to himself to get a new alarm clock. The ones provided in the dorms were probably going to end up giving him side-splitting headaches for the rest of the year. This school was torture enough, no need to add morning migraines to the list.

Morning.

Kurt winced as he took in his surroundings, the reality of it all starting to settle in. Today was his first official day here at the Dalton Academy Reform School, and to put it lightly...Kurt was far from thrilled.

He sat up in his bed, yawning as his eyes adjusted to the dimly lit dormitory, the clock reading 6:30.

Kurt was aware that breakfast was served at 7 and classes officially began at 7:45, but after his uncomfortable experience in the cafeteria the night before, Kurt was hesitant to repeat the ordeal for what Blaine implied was 'shitty at best'. He decided to skip breakfast this morning, and instead opt to figure out where his classes were. He didn't want to get lost and end up wandering the halls alone on his first day.

Kurt pulled himself up out of bed and looked over across the room, almost forgetting the fact that he indeed had a roommate. But oddly enough, Blaine wasn't there, and Kurt let out a sigh of relief. After his more than awkward exchange with Blaine last night, Kurt was sort of glad he wouldn't have to face him this early in the morning-and he could get changed in here, with privacy, without worrying about having to go to the bathrooms where he'd risk getting looked at by thugs or whatever other scary looking people lived on this floor, while he changed.

Kurt opened up his small wardrobe, and grimaced slightly at the sight of the five sets of navy blue blazers, white cotton button up shirts, red and blue striped ties, and beige slacks. He sighed and thought at least they aren't orange jump suits, to himself as he grabbed a set off its hanger.

He laid the uniform out on his bed, and went to the top of his dresser to collect his small bathroom bag of assortments, carrying his necessities like toothpaste and facial washes and other hygiene products, and headed down the end of the hall to the bathroom.

Since Kurt had chosen to skip breakfast, by the time he'd gotten to the bathrooms, they'd pretty much emptied out, except for the one or two guys still drying up after an early morning shower. Fortunately, the bathrooms were still a place of privacy and no one paid Kurt much attention.

Kurt cleaned himself up, and combed his hair, staring idly at his reflection in the somewhat misty mirror.

Today was the beginning of a whole new world for him.

After a much shorter prep time than his usual routine, Kurt returned to the dorm, and with a sigh, began to change into the Dalton Academy uniform.

His fingers slowly buttoned each button up to his neck, and carefully shrugged on the light blazer. The slacks weren't as itchy as he'd imagined them to be, and suited the navy blazer quite well-though he'd probably never admit it. He glanced at himself in the full body mirror as he looped the final fold of his tie, and neatly pulled it into place.

I'm as ready as I'll ever be, he thought.
~

It was just past 7:30 and boys were starting to linger around in the halls, some speaking in groups, other yelling loudly as they pranced around. Others were dangerously quiet, lurking about silently, dark eyes narrowed as they walked past, sending nervous chills down Kurt's spine.