Chapter 18: They Are

Start from the beginning

"It's just your obsession, nothing else." I said quietly.

"It's not obsession, Yoonhye. I know my heart clearly. It beats for you, really." He held my hands and said.

Suddenly, I wanted to know my past. I wanted to know what happened for the passing twenty years, before I wake up in the hospital in England.

I pushed him away and sat up. "It's late now, Chen. I'm tired."

The words that he said after that surprised me much. He just pulled me into his arms and said, "Hmm, I am tired too. I'll just sleep here." I struggled out from his arms and said, "You should go back."

"I'm not going." He shut his eyes and mumbled. I sighed and got up from the couch, entering my room and get a pillow and a blanket. I gave it to him and turned back to my room.

"Can't I sleep with you?" He asked out of all sudden.

I turned around and shook my head, saying, "No."

"Ahh wae?" He suddenly whined. I frowned at him. He jumped up from the couch and rubbed my forehead slightly. "Don't frown. I don't like that."

I took his hands away from me and said, "You've got two choices. Sleep in the couch, or go back to your house."

He curled his lips and said, "I'll sleep here, in the couch. But under one condition, you have to accompany me for a while first."

"Ahh, then you better go back to your house and sleep." I gave up and said.

"Choose one, let me sleep with you, or accompany me in here." He said beside my ears.

"I'll go and wash up." I pushed him away and said. He smiled at me with the joy of victory all over his face.

When I came out from the bathroom after changing into my pajamas, I was surprised to find Chen lying on my bed.

"Oh, you're done. I figured out that I still like the first choice that I gave you better." He grinned widely at me and said.

"Jerk." I mumbled and tied my hair up into a low ponytail. He sat up from the bed and asked, "What did you said earlier?"

"Nothing." I replied. "I remember that I only give you two choices. Couch or go back."

"There's always an exceptional." He shrugged and said, still grinning widely.

I decided to give up in arguing with him. What can I do? He'll just insist sleeping with me.

Just when I lay down on the bed, he rolled over and hugged me tightly.

"Go away, I'm really tired."

"Me too. I've been working for the whole day, non-stop." He yawned and replied. One of his arms was over my waist, while another is caressing my head. He pulled down the rubber band that I used to tie my hair and mumbled, "Your hair smell good."

I was so tired that I didn't even bother to talk to him anymore. When I was half asleep, I seemed to hear him saying something. "How good will it be, if you're really the same person."

-------

Chen's P.O.V.

It's hard for me to sleep for the whole night, thinking of the letter. I've sent a message to Baekhyun, asking him help me to do a research on Taemin hyung and the Yoonhye I know now.

Honestly, after the letter, I somehow assumed that she never died at all, and Taemin hyung knew about that. I thought about the possibilities and if she didn't die, she might be the one who is in my arms for the whole night last night.

When I got up, she was still sleeping. I removed my arms from her waist quietly and got down from her bed. I leaned down and kissed her forehead slightly, and then left her house after preparing a simple breakfast for her. Baekhyun had asked me to meet up with him, in the café downstairs of his agency.

To be honest, I don't like going up to his agency, mostly because first, it's messy. Second, it's dirty. I don't know how long that he haven't been cleaning it up.

"How are you and Yoonhye now?" Baekhyun asked, as I sat down across her.

"We're great."

"Together?" He asked.

I shook my head slightly and said, "Not really, but I am close to it."

"I don't know, if this is a good news or a bad news to you, Jongdae. Of course, I'll assume that you think that it's a good one." He smiled widely at me and said. He pushed an envelope towards me.

I took over the envelope and started reading the information inside.

Lee Taemin, the heir of Lee Company, son of Lee Sooman. Doesn't stay in the Lee Mansion, he moved out from there after completing his trip in Europe five years ago. Have a younger sister named Lee Yoonhye.

Lee Yoonhye, the heir of Lee Company, son of Lee Sooman. Just like her brother, she doesn't stay in the mansion as well. She just came back from England by January. Been in England for five years. Have an elder brother named Lee Taemin.

Kim Yoonhye, a famous writer who had passed away. Has a brother named Lee Taemin. Followed her mother's surname because she was being take care by her mother for twelve years until she passed away. Was being brought into the Lee family after her mother's death. Had a boyfriend named Kim Myungsoo and Kim Jongdae before.

"Baekhyun, does that means...that they are the same person?" I looked up and asked.

Baekhyun nodded heavily and said, "Yes, they are."