Chapter 6

The sleep was restful and warm. He hasn't slept that well since he was very small, snuggled up against his mother. When he woke up, the sun was just barely flitting through the curtains. Careful not to wake Lovino, he slid out of bed and took a quick shower, only putting on his jeans from the day before. He noiselessly walked into the kitchen, searching the cabinets and fridge for food. He felt dread when there really was barely anything. With determination on his mind, he slipped on a shirt and left.

Lovino's alarm clock didn't go off. Not because he forgot to set it, but it was because he didn't have work today. Emma told him to take a day off and so, today is the day he took off. He slept in late, not noticing Antonio's disappearance.

It took about an hour and a half for Antonio to return, his arms and hands full of grocery bags. He kicked the door shut with his foot and set the bags on the counter. He took everything out, putting it all in cabinets and their respective places. He left out everything he would need for breakfast and began cooking; cracking eggs, chopping vegetables, crushing peppers. Humming a little tune, Antonio cooked with a smile on his face.

A good smell drifted into the bedroom which made Lovino wake up in a heart beat. At first he thought that he was still dreaming but even after pinching himself a couple of times it was clear that this was reality. Another thing he noticed, Antonio wasn't with him. He used his brain to connect the dots. Antonio not here + good smell of food = Antonio is cooking food. But where did Antonio get "food" from? Lovino barely has any food, only living off on pizza and apple juice and tap water. He got out of bed, standing up a bit too quickly, temporarily black dots filled most of his vision but went away after a few seconds. He stumble his was into the kitchen, hearing a hum and the sound of something in the frying pan.

The Spaniard went from humming to full on singing, dancing and swaying his hips to an imaginary tune. He put the finishing touches on the omelets, eyes squinted as he sprinkled what peppers didn't get put into the dish, onto them.

A small smile appeared on Lovino's lips. Did he really go out just to by food to make for the both of them? Lovino walked over to Antonio, trying his best not to get too hypnotized by the Spaniard's hip movements. He wrapped his arms around Antonio from behind, burying his face in the other's back. He sighed, "Good morning, Toni."

At first Antonio was spooked; he had no idea Lovino was even awake. When he heard the boy's voice, a smile appeared on his face. "Good morning, Lovi~ Hungry?" he asked.

His hold on Antonio tighten slightly, "Yes," he mumbled, rubbing his cheek against Antonio's back.

Antonio chuckled and pried Lovino off of him--begrudgingly--and handed the Italian boy his plate. "It's pretty spicy, but the egg makes it better," he informed.