A Chase and a Gate

"Run!" Carl shouted at the top of his lungs, pushing past people. Bryan stood still, too scared to move. Lily finally moved him when she grabbed his arm and ran with him, Tara by her side.

In the parking lot, Quinn and Sheldon parked their car and were getting out. "We're late!" Sheldon sighed, annoyed. "Did you seriously have to check all of the cages?!"

Quinn ignored her twin and started walking to the door. But she stopped when she saw Carl run out of it. "A Wolfion!" he screamed to her, looking deep in her eyes. "It got Ted! It got Ted!"

Quinn took Carl into the car and told Sheldon to step on it. "Sheldon, these things can casually run up to 40 MPH, 50 if they didn't run for long!"

As the car drove off, Tara, Lily, and Bryan were out of the building, Abigail and Bill right behind them. Tara told the two kids to go in the front so they'll probably survive since the Wolfion was behind them. Suddenly, Bryan stopped in his tracks and pulled out a hand gun. "Bryan, you've been carrying a gun?!" Lily huffed, mad that her boyfriend had been carrying a weapon with them.

"You guys, I'm gonna take care of the beast!" In his head, Bryan could hear The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly theme song as he pulled out the gun.

Tara then looked behind her just in time. The two Chigers had caught up and were running full speed towards them in the distance. "Look out!" she shouted, jumping out of the way with the kids.

Lily jumped, too, and shouted, "Bryan! Get out of the way!"

Bryan lost his train of thought and dropped the gun right when he had pulled the trigger, shooting himself in the leg. He screamed and shouted right when the Chigers got him, tearing away at him. The male Wolfion, at first, tried to get some meat. But then he looked up at Lily, Tara, and the kids.

Everyone ran. Abigail and Bill were running behind, unable to run very fast. Tara was in front with Lily almost beside her, just behind. When they came to Lily's car, everyone jumped in when Tara stepped on it. Abigail and Bill were squished together in the back, holding onto the sides.

It was just like a car chase, except it was tense. Very tense. The Wolfion was running a yard behind the car and was quickly catching up. One minute from then, the Wolfion was running side Abigail and Bill, next to the backseat. "Faster, Tara!" Bill shouted, dodging from the Wolfion's jumps. Every time it was done jumping, it wouldn't fall on the ground or anything. No, it would land back on its feet and continue running, not falling behind at all.

Meanwhile, in the other car with Carl, Quinn, and Sheldon, Sheldon was yelling because he was stressed. "Where are we even supposed to go? We can't go back to the motel, it's an island so we can't drive... away, and we already left Ted's, so where do I drive?!"

Quinn whimpered. "I don't know! Maybe we could go to the gate and shut it to trap the animals! I mean, it is thickly paved so the animals couldn't dig a hole out, and the thing has a cover so the winged creatures will be trapped, too!"

Carl leaned over to the front seat. "Well? Let's go!"

Quinn sighed. "We can't. What if we trap everyone else in there?!"

Then Sheldon pulled out his phone. "There's good reception, so I could call someone!" The plan worked and Carl gave Sheldon Tara's number. "Why do you have her number, Carl?"

Carl blushed a bit. "No reason."

Tara's phone rung. "Lily, could you get that? It's in my pocket!" She continued driving, barely looking at Lily.

Lily did as she was told and answered the phone. "Hello?"

Sheldon looked confused, turning to Quinn. "Lily, why isn't Tara answering the phone? did she..." he worried, not caring to finish the sentence. Lily would know what he meant.

"Oh, God no! no, she's driving. The Wolfion's behind us, and the Chigers might catch up soon!" Sheldon then told her his plan. After he did, Lily agreed and she told Tara. "We have to go to the gate!" she started, then telling Tara everything. Tara turned the car around, the Wolfion right in front. "Don't wreck my car!" Lily begged, right when Tara stepped on it, trying to run the Wolfion over.

She hit it, the car stopping in its path. The Wolfion got up and jumped on the hood of the car. Tara smiled weakly and turned her head to Lily for a second. "Well, that didn't go according to plan!"

Quinn, Sheldon, and Carl were standing in front of the main entrance. "Why are they not here?!" Quinn yelled quietly, scared and worried. "They should be here!" Then, she yawned and checked her purple watch. It was 4:01 AM.

Carl then shouted, "there are Chigers running towards us! Quick, close the gate!"

Sheldon and Quinn wanted to argue, but knew that if the Chigers got out, they could go out into the world. So Sheldon pushed a red button on the brick wall the gate was attached to and the gate started to shut. The Chigers were getting closer. The gate was halfway done. The Chigers were now only 30 yards away. The gate was wide enough for both of them to get through. 20 yards. The gate was wide enough for one to get through. Then, right when the gate closed, the Chigers ran into it, barely leaving a dent.

Quinn and Sheldon sighed, a weight breaking off their shoulders. But the weight hopped right back on when they saw Lily's car stopping a few yards behind the injured Chigers..