“I know,” I replied, sighing. “Look no one in the pack should know about this. Not until I can figure it out, at least. I really don’t want anyone questioning my ability to be an alpha because of who my wolf chooses to be mates with.”

Derek nodded in understanding. “If anyone seriously questions your ability to be an alpha they have another thing coming. Your family has been alpha for centuries.”

“Yeah, but no one in my family had a mate who happened to be the same sex as them.”

Derek rolled his shoulders. “There’s always a first for everything.”

“Yeah well, no one in the pack needs to know about this right now. So keep this between everyone here, and make sure they know to keep it secret too. Lucas and I still have a lot to figure out here,” I instructed, commanding him as his alpha.

From the corner of my eye I could see Derek nodding his head. “I will make sure to let them know before they leave for the night.”

“Thank you,” I said sincerely, just as Lucas came waltzing back into the room.

“They’re holding our stuff for us and we’ll be able to pick it up in the morning,” he stated looking at both Kiana and Steve.

“Would we be able to get a refund for the days we didn’t stay at the hotel?” Kiana asked, curiously. “I mean that’s money that we’re going to need.”

“Yeah, I talked to them about that too,” Lucas said, as he walked to Kiana and Steve. “They’d agreed to give us a refund since we had found a place before our time was up. When we pick up our stuff tomorrow, we can pick up our refund as well.” Lucas ended in his sentence in a grin.

“Okay that’s good,” Kiana replied, smiling as well.

“Yes that’s good, indeed,” I said, my smile curving up. Lucas turned quickly in my direction as if I’d surprised him even though he had walked right passed me when he headed to Kiana and Steve. “After you get your supplies I’ll be glad to show you around the territory and introduce you guys to the other members of the pack.”

“You sure that’s a good idea?” Lucas asked, biting his bottom lip.

“Yes, I do,” I said being honest. “It would be a good way for the other members in the pack to get to know your scent and understand that you’re a part of the pack now and not just some wolf they need to watch out for.”

Lucas nodded in agreement to that. “What about scouting? Don't you think other members of the pack might be a little intimidated by three new members having the responsibility to protect them?”

I shrugged, not exactly caring. I knew they’ll understand. “They might feel a bit awkward at first having you three walk around the perimeters of our boundaries, but they’ll get used to the idea. Derek and I, will accompany you on your first perimeter run with a few other members of the pack.”

“Okay.” Steve nodded, taking a step forward and standing next to Lucas. “Whe exactly would that be?”

“Tomorrow actually,” Derek piped up. “Right after you get your things and meet us back here. After we’ll begin the transition of showing you to the rest of the pack and showing you around the perimeter. So, pretty much what Josiph said before.”

Steve lowered his head, as his answer.

“Well, then I guess we’ll see you tomorrow then,” Lucas said, giving a wave. “We should probably head to bed. Oh, and could we borrow a car for tomorrow as well?”

“You don't have a car?” Derek asked in disbelief.

“It's back at the hotel.” Lucas pointed behind his shoulder, probably in the direction of the hotel. “We would only need it for a few minutes. Steve will accompany me, and then we’ll retrieve our car. I’ll bring your car back though.”

“That’s not a problem. You can borrow my truck actually,” I offered, speaking up. “I’ll get the keys for you.”

Lucas smiled in thanks, and I turned back to the living room to get my truck’s keys. When I came back Lucas was talking to my parents. “Lucas,” I said getting his attention. He turned and faced me. When he held his hand out, I dropped the keys into his palm not wanting to touch him. I wouldn’t want to accidentally touch him, and feel that spark.

“Thank you.” Lucas grinned widely. “I’ll make sure to bring your truck back in one piece.”

I chuckled. “You do that.”

“I guess, good night everyone!” Kiana cried loudly, and I hadn't even realized that she was at the door with Steve beside her. Since when did she get there so fast!?

“Good night,” Derek and my father said, waving goodbye.

“Good night sweetie,” my mother said cheerfully.

“Night,” Lucas whispered softly, before turning away and following his sister and Steve out of the front door. I walked behind them keeping the door open as I watched the three of them walk down the walkway towards the house they’ll be staying in until one could be made for them.

“Well, that went well.” My father smiled, with a clap of his hands. I could hear my mother squeak in surprise and turned around just in time to see my mother wrapping her arms around my father. “Sorry,” he muttered softly in her ear.

She smiled, but chose not to answer him, instead she grasped his hand in hers, and continued to stare fondly at each other.

~~~~

I know this chapter is short, but I have split the chapter into two sections! Sorry

Anyways I hoped you enjoyed!

1Blossom