'U might want to check on your bf over by the punch bowl.'

Ummm...ok then. I got up and walked through a crowd of people until I was in view of the punch bowl. What I saw made me stop in my tracks. It was Nick making out with the head cheerleader and Dan making out with the cocaptain of the cheer leading squad. I didn't know how long I was standing there, but tears made my vision blurry as I tried to make sense of what I was seeing. Nick and the head cheerleader, Mandy, broke away for air long enough for Nick to realize I was standing there. His eyes went wide and I just couldn't stay there any longer. I ran out of there.

"Holly wait!" I heard Nick call after me and I heard his footsteps coming after me. Right when I got to the door, Nick caught me and wouldn't let go. "Holly, please. Let me explain." he begged.

"No! Let go of me!" I said pushing him away and running out of the school. I sat down on one of the benches outside and just cried. Then another text came from Unknown.

'I'm srry u had 2 c that. But I told u 2 end it b4 it began.'

WTF!!!! I threw my phone out into the parking lot, smashing it into a million pieces. It took me a second to realize what I had just did. f**k!!!! Now I don't have a way to call my parents to come pick me up. Maybe Dan will let me use his phone. Ugh!! Now I have to go back in there. Please. Just kill me now.

I went back into the gym since it was the only doors that were unlocked. I went to the bathroom to clean up my runny make up before anyone saw. Then I re-entered the gym and looked for Dan. He was sitting with Nick, comforting him. I finally mustered up enough courage to go over there. When I did, Nick looked up hopeful and stood up. "Holly."

"Dan, can I borrow your phone? I need to call my parents to pick me up". I asked. Nick's hopeful expression fell.

"Yeah sure. Didn't you bring your phone?" he asked curiously.

"Mhm. It's outside in the parking lot smashed into a million pieces."

"Wow, Nick. You really did it this time. Here Hol-". He started, looking in his jacket pocket. "C**p. I left my phone at home. I'm sorry Holly."

"I can take you home." Nick stated, pleadingly.

"No. I'll ask someone else if I can borrow their phone.". And then I walked away to find someone else with a phone. I would've found someone if I wasn't so shy. I got scared to go up to a random person and ask if I could use their phone. I would've felt like an idiot. I decided to just go stand in the corner by the door and wait a while longer before I start walking home. I sighed and stood there like an absolute nobody, thinking about the terrible night I just had. I started crying again just thinking about it and slid down against the wall to the floor.

"Are you ok?" I heard a familiar voice ask. Haven't heard that voice in a while. I looked up and saw the security guard standing near the door, looking concerned.

I shook my head. "Yeah... No. ..Maybe. I don't know." I started to cry even more and slid down against the wall and to the floor. The security guard came and crouched down in front of me and placed a hand on my shoulder.

"Whats wrong?"

"Everything.". I sobbed. "I just caught my boyfriend making out with another girl, I threw my phone and smashed it into a billion pieces out in the parking lot, and now I have no way to get a ride home, and now I'm stuck here telling you all my problems which you probably don't want to hear."

The security guard gave me a sympathetic look and reached into his pocket, taking out his phone. "Here. You can borrow my phone to call your parents."

"Thank you." I took the phone. The security guard stood up and held out his hand to help me up. I took it and stood up, then went outside to call my parents. I dialed my home phone number then heard 3 rings before my mother answered.

"Hello?" she answered in a sleepy voice.

"M-mom." I cried into the phone.

"Holly?" she asked breaking out of her sleepy voice and into mom mode. "Are you okay? Why are you crying?"

"C-can you c-come get me? Please?" I stuttered, trying not to cry too much.

"Your father and I are already half way out the door."

"Thanks mom."

"We'll be there soon baby. Hang tight."

I hung up and cried a bit more before I went back inside to give the security guard his phone back. When I did, he wasn't there. I asked one of the security guards where he went and they said he went on his rounds around the building and that he'd be back shortly. I asked if they could give him his phone back and they agreed. I waited by the door for my parents to come. After 20 minutes they barged in and immediately hugged me. "Oh Holly. Tell us what happened." Mom begged.

"I caught Nick kissing another girl."

Dad's eyes filled with anger andhe clenched his fists together. "Where. Is. He?"

"Dale. Calm down. Whats done is done."

Then there was a scream from outside. We ran out along with bunch of security guards to wear a girl and her date looked horrified, just staring at the bushes. We went over and gasped. Nick was laying lifeless in the bushes. A knife through his heart and eyes open staring at absolutely nothing.

"Oh god." I cried and then went over to the nearest garbage can and threw up. My parents came and comforted me as the sounds of sirens in the background got closer. The security guard who lent me his phone came running from around the corner and joined the rest of the security guards, blocking the students view of Nick's body.

The police came and interviewed everyone there. While they were interviewing me, I saw them throw a white sheet over Nick's body and saw Nick's parents arrive just as they did that. "MY BABY!!" Nick's Mom cried out, erupting into hysterical sobs, with her husband holding her, looking even more terrified. This made me cry even more. The police officer handed me a tissue and continued asking me questions. I answered all of them and told them everything that happened...well except for those unknown texts. They were pointless now that my phone was gone. The police officer thanked me and said my parents could take me home. The parents got me in the car and drove away from the school. I looked back and saw the ambulance guys lifting Nick's body into the ambulance, with his parents watching in dispair. I saw the security guard staing at me, giving me an apologetic look as I drove off.

I cried all night, not getting a minute of sleep. My mom stayed up with me, just trying to give me some comfort. It didn't work though. I felt like it was my fault Nick was dead. I could've prevented this. If I had just listened to what he had to say, none of this would've happened.