X I

Yeah these next few chapters might seem boring to some of yall. But don't stop reading. It'll get good again.

11

I get off my knees leaning against the wall. The rain starts to pour down harder.

I hide my face in between my legs.

Why does this type of crap happen to me?

Pulling myself to my feet, slipping my jacket over my bare arms. Shivering a little at the coldness of the jacket.

Dragging myself back to the streets to face reality; or maybe I'll just run away again.

The depressing weather matches my attitude.

The streets so quiet. If you listen hard enough you can probably hear each raindrop hit the ground.

Walking further down the street. The bar that just screams his name.

I've never seen the city this quiet or empty. It resembles a ghost town.

I stop dead in my tracks seeing a man run out of the 'dead' bar. He holds a duffle bag close to him, running out into the middle of the street.

He pulls a gun from his jacket. I follow the aim of his gun.

At the end, it was the card himself...Ace.

Ace doesn't look fazed at all. He just pulls his gun out too. Setting it off, a couple times.

Missing.

It sends the man ducking and running off into an alley. The once quiet street was now filled with yelling by four men.

I do the unthinkable and walk over. Why? You ask. I know I'm supposed to be staying away from them.

But all of that, that just went down...was a bunch of bullshit. He's supposed to be a killer.
He didn't kill that man.

Tobias sees me coming, "Oh my! She's back! The whore!"

I roll my eyes continuing to walk towards them. Walking up to Ace, he was already watching me.

The other two scold Tobias about being a dick.

"Hey, can I ask you something?" He looks back at the boys before he grabs my forearm. Pulling me to the side.

I stop to clear my throat. "Why didn't you kill him?"

He looks at me not affected by my question.

Smirking, answering back. "The same reason I didn't kill you."

I swallow hard feeling like I'm being suffocated. "Why- Why didn't you...kill me?"

He raises an eyebrow at me.He takes a deep breathe letting it out. "I don't know."

I furrow my eyebrows. Getting ready to say something else but he cuts me off. "Why'd you run?"

With wide eyes, I lie.

I lie because I didn't know what would happen if I told him the truth. "I didn't run."

"Don't try and run. It's a waste of time... and, lying. Is a waste of breath." He strokes my cheek with his thumb.

I feel I drift away when he speaks. The second he stops touching my face, I notice the rain stopped.

I notice I'm freezing.

I notice the boys stopped yelling and arguing with each other.

I notice I feel...different, drained, exhausted.

Weaker than ever.

Looking at Ace, things are blurry.

"Ace...I don't feel too. Good..."

Don't you just love Tobias?😍😐