Chapter 11: Into the depths of the Castle

Dear readers,

Sorry for not uploading earlier but I explained my reasons behind that and am now planning to spam you with loads of updates now that I finished "A Vampire and a Wolf " book.

I'm currently editing the whole One Night Stand book and I assure you that once I'm done with it, updates gonna be even more regular.

Sincerely,
Me
______________________

Chapter 11:
Into the Depths of the Castle

Walking through the countless corpses, Evelyn knew that it wasn't her. Something was different though, the body she saw the scenery of after-war was not femine. Though the guy she was in walked had his head down, she could see his feets stepping through the countless corpses in the pool of their blood. You could see a grass or two, but there was so much blood that it could've changed the ground as well.

"It was all my fault," her lips spoke, but the voice did not belong to her once again.

What was going on?

"It was all my fault," though she didn't understand what was going on with the dreadful silence that surrounded them and heads staring at her in awe and wonder, she knew exactly where her body was going.

To her.

The girl that died.

His lover.

When Evelyn came to herself, the scenery of her village burning was no longer there. Instead, she was met with cold and terrifying environment of what she believed was a dungeon, though she never saw one with her own eyes. She heard from some older people that claimed to have gotten away from there what kind of place were those dungeons.

'Dark, cold place, usually with lot of stones used for walls, underground for better security and having special sections where prisoners were held. Those were cells, with bars that were the only way in and out, when opened from the outside', was what they said and the place was precisely the replica of their description.

Her sight was still foggy from lost consciousness, as she could only blink few times trying to clear her head. There were few torches on the walls across here which were the only source of light she could find. There were no windows, so she didn't know if it were a day or night. Or even worse, how long has she been out?

Hours? Days?

Village?

What happened to her village? Who was it that attacked? Could it be that the hybrids sent someone to shut them down as of not to question their way of leadership? Or could it be that it was work of the Vampire Lord in charge of their village?

Revenge?

She suddenly heard a scream which made her snap out of it as her eyes became fully opened. She carefully listened to confirm the source of that voice only to be met with dreadful silence and few chatters of chains. She looked at her hands as she noticed that they were chained with a long chain to the wall. Even if she tried to escape, from the length of it, she couldn't have gotten far, not even past those bars.