~6 ⟁ wall of twilight

Start from the beginning

"I'll be fine. It's Ilia and Colin who won't be if we lounge around here any longer." You exclaim, taking Link's hands off of your shoulders.

Pushing past him, you start to jog over to the broken down gate where that large boars had broken in. Looking down at the ground, you could make out the hoof-prints the large animals left behind as they raced in and back out.

You could feel your stomach start to fill with butterflies that seemed to be knotting your insides together in a compressing sense of dread. 

Suddenly you felt a hand on your shoulder, making you look over to see Link giving you a forced smile. "Don't worry [Y/n], we'll get them back." 

His expression then changed serious, his smile disappearing in an instant. You nod, agreeing with what Link had said, well more like hoping. With nothing left to say, the two of you start to run, following the tracks left behind by the invaders' animals. The tracks ran from all the way from the broken down gate, and across the large bridge.

I pray to the goddesses above, that you two are all right, you thought, images of both Ilia and Colin flashing through your mind, making your legs pump faster. Soon you could feel your feet hit solid ground as you practically flew off the bridge Link right by your side. Although your fast flying feet skid to a stop not long after in shock.

"W-what in the name of Din...." you mumbled, your mind unable to process what you saw in front of you. A never-ending black wall-like thing with a golden glow and matching coloured symbols on the inky surface blocked your way into the passage that lead to Faron Woods.

"Y-you don't think they went through that... do you?" You nervously whispered, slowly inching closer to the wall, Link sticking very close to your side in case something were to happen. The Hylian gave no response, just as speechless as you were.

Then something caught your eye from the tribal-like wall, making you squint at it. It seemed like a ripple, but in order for there to be a ripple.... something had to have made it from the other side. Slowly a creeping sense of dread started to crawl its way inside of you, making you take a few steps away from the wall. If you hadn't trusted it before, you most certainly didn't now.

"Link... I don't think this...wall...is safe to be around," you mumbled, growing concerned for the blonde as he was now in front of you, closer to the wall. Just close enough to be grabbed and pulled through if something wished for it.

And then it happened. 

Mere moments after your words were spoken, a large black, almost scaly looking, hand shot out of the twilight wall and grabbed Link in the process before dragging him inside.

"Link!" You scream in horror. Quickly you run to the wall and start to pound on it with curled fists. However, the moment your hand made contact a burning sensation pulsed through your body, immediately making you step back. In pain you clutch your hand to your chest, tears pricking the corners of your eyes as grit your teeth at the subsiding agony. What the hell was that?

Looking down at your hand you nearly choke. Your finger tips had turned black, tendril-like lines of iridescent blue extending to the curve of your wrist. However, much to your surprise, the black and blue began to disappear slowly after until only the sight of your (s/c) skin could be seen. How strange. 

As much as you wished to ponder about it, you were allowed no further time when the black wall rippled again, and suddenly another hand, one matching the one from before, shot out. Without hesitation it grabbed hold of you, and pulled your writhing body through the black wall.

As once your body was engulfed in pain, so much that you failed to notice how the once bright light of the sun faded into. Kicking about you struggled in whatever grip the monster had you in, fighting back tears with a silent scream trying to crawl from your throat. Dear Hylia, it hurt! It hurt so much. It was as if your body was running hot and cold at the same time, burning and freezing to the point you felt as if you were going to die.

A broken cry escaped your lips. Were you going to die? Was this the end? Just as your vision was begging to blur you felt the monster drop you to the ground with a twisted growl; something you've never heard before. The air seemed to leave your lungs when you landed, and desperately you tried to reclaim it, digging your nails into the dirt underneath you. To your relief the pain you felt from entering through the wall was beginning to subside as you regained your breath; however, you too were scared to look to your hands to see if those marks had appeared again.

A sudden wave of fatigue flowed over your body, and despite yourself you felt your eyes begin to close. Terrified you tried to stay awake, unsure of what exactly was going on and the danger you might be in. Somewhere in the distant a painful howl echos through the air, making every hair on your body stand up. It was different from the beast that had grabbed you, although in your weary state you were unable to see what it was. Something deep down in you told you you had to get out, to leave this place.

With aching arms you try to pull yourself up, but only achieve in slamming back to the ground. You couldn't move. You were just too tired. Again you felt tears weld up. What was going to happen to you? What had happened to Link? Ilia, Colin...

Against your better judgement your eyes began to close, and it wasn't too long before your consciousness started to drift in and out. No longer were your thoughts consistent, and you scrambled to keep hold of them, however it was all for naught when your eyelids finally meet, and just like that, everything faded into black.