Chapter 7: Bird's Eye View

Reaper rounded the corner and opened the door to the surveillance room, where Widowmaker was just deactivating the hidden camera. She turned and looked at the masked figure standing in the doorway.

"Looks like Overwatch has a new pet." She said, grinning slightly. Reaper smiled widely behind his mask. If everything goes as planned, we will know exactly where the HQ is, he thought to himself. He glanced up at Widowmaker.

"Perfect. This is working out better than I'd even hoped." He uttered in a gravelly tone. "Once he's inside and has been fully accepted in, we will mount an attack on their base, leaving them with nothing." He started laughing evilly at his plans. Even though she was unable to feel emotion, she somehow felt happy. Happy that she would finally be rid of those dogs at Overwatch. All she had to do was wait. Luckily, that was her specialty. When she glanced at the screen, the drone they had sent up had been connected.

"Reaper, the drone's satellite camera has come online." She said turning to Reaper.

"Switch to the satellite's view." He replied. Widowmaker obliged and typed in the command to switch cameras. The monitor went black for a few seconds, then came back on with the camera view filling the screen. Since the drone was equipped with incredible viewing technology, the camera was able to zoom to a point where a picture 3,000 miles away could be seen crystal clear. Widowmaker zoomed the camera until she had a bird's eye view of your tiny house. She sighed.

"Such a quaint little residence for a person capable of elemental manipulation." She stated as she flicked a switch, activating the tracker. Reaper stared at the satellite feed.

"I expected it to be bigger." He said blatantly, crossing his arms. Unexpectedly, the tracker signal shut off. Both Reaper and Widowmaker were extremely confused.

"What the hell happened?" Reaper barked.

"I don't know, the tracker's signal has been deactivated." She replied, typing in the console to try and get the signal back online. Suddenly the realization of what had happened dawned on Reaper. His face went pale behind his mask.

"They found the bug..." He hissed. He turned to Widowmaker. "Widow, where did you put the bug?" He said in an angry but quizzical tone. She got confused when he asked that question.

"On the back of his neck, like you said." She replied, not breaking her gaze on the monitor.

Reaper silently cursed himself for choosing a place so obvious. Then, an idea popped into his head. He smiled evilly.

"When the time is right, plant another bug, but this time, make it a silent bug." He told Widowmaker.

"Of course." She said, about to exit the surveillance room. Reaper stopped her.

"Oh, and Widowmaker... go under the skin." He put in, grinning. She nodded her head and exited the room, leaving Reaper alone with the giant monitor.

______________________________

Sorry this chapter is a bit short, I'm not feeling too good but I had to get this update out for you guys.

Also, over 400 reads. 400 fucking reads. I actually cannot thank you guys enough for the amount of support this story is getting. I really appreciate it.

QOTD: Have you ever gone to any gaming events?

AOTD: I went to E3 2014 with my cousin and it was absolutely incredible!

Hope you guys have a great day! Insidious, signing off. (Oh god no. Just why did you have to say that.)

-insidiousxint