Chapter 16 - Even Global Warming Seemed Intresting

Start from the beginning

I had lost Asher.

Fuck.

I immediately let go of his hands and muttered a quick apology. I didn't know what to do now that I've got no clue about how this place works. Looking for Asher in this mess would mean finding fur on a rattlesnake.

But at the same time I was sure that Asher won't leave me and go. He can't be that cruel. Coming to a conclusion, I decided to check this place out while trying to find Asher in this human zoo.

After a few agonising moments, I couldn't keep a track about my surroundings. People kept on shoving me aside and like the shy person I am, I didn't say a thing. Fine, I'm not exactly a shy person, but I don't do well with crowds, drunk people and crowds of drunk people.

A whiff of an amazing aroma diverted my attention. I knew that smell very well and I loved it. Change that, I craved it. My stomach growled at the scent of food. It basically demanded food right now. It's the best thing since my playlist.

Chocolate.

I followed the smell like a hunter following his prey. And this time I was the one who shoved people aside to follow the delicious smell. Not purposely, of course. I had to do this for my inner monster. I cannot stop it from taking over my senses. But soon enough though, the tempting aroma was gone, replaced by the stench of alcohol again.

But after walking around for sometime and following the direction I think the smell was coming from earlier, I finally found it.

I'd like to thank my nose and my navigation skills for this discovery.

And then I realised something important.

That it wasn't chocolate exactly.

It was chocolate cupcakes.

That'd work for me too. At least it contains the substance known as chocolate.

There were about five to six of them. They were kinda gigantic. The perfect amount to fill your stomach and your satisfaction. Okay, maybe not your satisfaction but stomach at least.

Not bothering to check to whom it belonged to or wether it was for someone special, I stuffed it in my mouth like a hog with a few crumbs falling here and there. Well, if it did belong to someone I'd just pay them the money. People were too busy to even notice a pig like eater in the club.

At the first bite, I noticed that the flavour was something like I've never tasted before. It was just so delicious and unique. I got this wonderful feeling within me which felt like my mind and body had been taken to another place. It was a little unusual. Nevertheless, I continued eating it.

After cleaning the plate with my fingers which would have taken me about five minutes, I felt warm and cozy like I'm in my fluffy blanket in my room, and I felt like I'm one giant vibrating being. I felt that I was shaking, literally. The music sounded more clear than before and all of a sudden I felt excited to be here.

Just as I was getting used to this unusual feeling, a fat man with a tiny shirt which showed his small belly button came towards the table on which the cupcakes were resting a few minutes ago.

"Where are those damn spiked brownies?" He spoke in a gruff voice and looked around until his eyes landed on me.

Oh. So this was the owner of those delicious brownies.