{ Consolement }

Zacznij od początku

"Zeke." I try reaching for him not finishing my statement. His composure breaks and he lets his tears fall. I pull him to me letting him rest his head on my shoulder.

"She don't want nothing to do with me" he sobs as his voice gets muffled by my shoulder. I move my hand beginning to rub his back comfortingly. I hadn't seen Zeke like since his mom died, it scared me.

Zeke's sobs turned into small sniffles once again before he lifts himself away from me completely.

"We gotta go and meet Dizzee and 'em at--" He gasps sucking a deep breath not being able to continue.

I nod my understanding allowing him to follow me in silence.

--

I turn the corner coming into view of Dizzee. Ra-Ra, and Boo-Boo. Zeke still silently trailing behind me not uttering a single word since his break down.

"What the hell happened to him?" Boo-Boo speaks first causing Dizzee and Ra-Ra to turn to us. Dizzee takes in my figure widening his eyes as he catches the blood covering my hands and the darker portions on my pants where the blood soaked through my clothes.

"What the fuck happened Imani?" Dizzee asks ignoring his paint and drops from the rock he was perched on and storms over to me. He grabs my shoulders turning me around checking to see if I was hurt and looks at me to see any signs of pain. When I looked at him, I felt weird. I felt different

"I'm fine, but Zeke isnt." I knock Dizzee's hands from turning their attention to Zeke as he trudges over to the rock taking a seat soundlessly.

"What happened to him?" Dizzee whispers quietly to me.

"Mylene happened."

"What did she say?"

"I don't know, I just know I should've listened to you and Zeke, Dizzee, I should not have gone to Les Inferno." I whimper letting him hug me.

"What happened at Les Inferno?" Boo-Boo asks.

"It got shot up" Zeke speaks up behind me. Dizzee look sat me for confirmation before pulling me back to his spot on the rock where he was painting. I sit myself down letting him continue as Boo-Boo tosses him different cans while Zeke recounts what happened with Mylene.

"She's right, I-I ain't shit, I aint gon' ever be shit." Zeke pauses downing a sip of his beer. "She ain't have no business being with me, I prolly ain't-" He stutters downing more of the beer in his hand.

"I'll prolly work at a supermarket for my whole fucking life!" He screams turning around as he stand and chucking his beer bottle letting it shatter.

"Can you fill us in on anything about Les Inferno, the shoot out?' Boo-Boo wonders swinging his arms.

"My heart got shot out, my fucking heart got shot out." Zeke sobs out to us. Dizzee stands bending his leg on a higher rock turning his attention completely to Zeke.

I prop myself on my elbows throwing my head back looking at the sky. Just as I begin to lean my head back up to the boys I catch a glimpse of a guy in a red leather jacket.

"Yo, what's up wordsmith!" He calls out. Dizzee glances between Zeke and I before speaking,

"Who the fuck is that?" He crouches back down to the rock.