The End

*Six years later*

I remember it like it was yesterday.

It was like time had stopped. Every time I was with her she made me feel that way. I never thought that I could love someone this much.

" I have a surprise for you," I told Selena as I grabbed her hand. " But first you have to put this on." I gestured to the scarf in my hand.

" What is it?" she asked. She stared at me with those pretty brown eyes I fell for the first time we met in middle school.

" I told you already," I replied as I laughed. " It is a surprise. Don't you trust me?"

" Of course I do," she answered. I blindfolded her with the scarf. I grabbed her hand and started leading her to where we were going. She had no idea where we were headed. I bet she was scared. We walked for about 30 minutes. We got to the park where I had set up our picnic in 15 minutes, but we kept walking around for 15 more minutes. I wanted her to be in suspense and not know what I had planned out for her. Her birthday passed last week and I didn't get to see her. We stopped and I took the blindfold off her and she opened her eyes.

" Ta da," I said. We were at a beautiful park. The trees were blossoming with pink leaves. There was a blanket with a picnic basket in the middle. I gestured for her to follow me. " Do you like it?"

" This is great," she responded. " You didn't have to do this."

" I did," I responded. " We didn't get to celebrate your birthday together and I didn't get to give you a present."

" This is wonderful," she said as she hugged me. " I can't believe you did this for me."

" I knew you'd love it," I said smiling. " I have one more surprise."

I took out a box from my pocket. I bought her something I thought she'd loved. I gave it to he and she opened it. It was a charm bracelet.

" This is beautiful," she said.

" I want this bracelet to represent the charms our futures has in store for us. I figured when we do something memorable together we buy you a charm as a reminder." I explained. " I know it's kind of cheesy."

" It 's perfect." she said. as I put the bracelet on her right hand.

*ring* *ring* It was my phone. I woke up from my sleep.

I was on my laptop finishing my presentation. I was at Harvard studying medicine. I guess I had fallen asleep while working on it.

"Hello," I answered.

" Hello," a familiar voice responded. " Am I speaking with Justin Bieber?"

" Selena?" I asked. I hadn't talk to her in 6 years. Not since we got into that argument and I left. I missed her so much.

" Sorry I'm not Selena," she responded. " It's me Eleanor, Selena's sister."

" Oh, hi," I said a little upset that it wasn't her. " So what's up? Why are you calling me?"

" It's Selena," she answered. My heart stopped. Everything happened so fast yet time had stopped. " She is sick. She has cancer. I wanted her to tell you sooner, but she was just so stubborn and didn't. You mean a lot to her and I thought it'd be fair for you to know that she only has little time to live. The doctors have done everything they could, but it's just to much for her. The Chemo and everything."

"What?" I could feel the tears running down my face. My best friend. My first love. The only girl I've ever loved was dying. " Where is she? I'll book a ticket."