"Girl, you look almost as good as me" Regina jokes as we walk up to meet her. I lag behind slightly still struggling with my shoes.

    "Malibu is gonna sign you for sure" Yolanda states.

    "Girl he better." Mylene walks down with us as we head to leave for the Les Inferno. I wobble to my left before Regina comes latching onto my arm swiftly pulling me up from falling on the cement.

   "We need to teach you how to walk in heels."

   I nod focusing my attention on keeping up with them in the shoes.

--

   We stood outside of Les Inferno for maybe twenty minutes until finally the guy Regina was waiting on came out. She quickly pushes to the front begins to persuade the man on letting us in. The music from the disco was already pounding against my ears. I wasn't looking forward to going in that club. The man pulls the red rope away letting Regina, Mylene, Yolanda, and I file through before closing it behind us again.

   We enter the room and I struggle to adjust my vision in the darkened room that was accompanied by different lights shining around giving it that disco feeling. People were all over the floor dancing and drinking and smoking. Regina tugs towards her friends greeting them with a hug. Yolanda and I are the only two surveying the area as Yolanda suddenly grabs Mylene by the shoulders turning her to the dance floor.

   "Look who's checking you out!"

   "Who's he--"

   "That's Cadillac, he owns this place, his moms is Fat Annie."

   "Uhuh, and I bet you he knows Malibu." Yolanda nods in agreement as they continued to watch him check out Mylene. In my opinion he wasn't all that. Something about him throws me off whenever I look at him.

   "And just wait till you see him dance girl," Regina informs. "He wins the dance off like every single week."

   His two friends walk in our direction as a guy pushes himself past us. I go to grab the girls to get out of sight, but by the time I turn his friends are there already grinning at us.

   "Right this way ladies."

   "Where are we going?" I questions him turning my gaze between the two of them.

   "VIP pretty lady."

   I scoff following after Yolanda anyway as they tease through the dancing crowd to this "VIP section." We reach Cadillac and he heads straight for Mylene pulling her to sit with him. I take the seat in between Mylene and Regina as they both get acquainted with Cadillac's two friends. I roll my eyes leaning forward resting my chin in my palm. It was going to be a long night.

--

   I don't know how long we sat there before Yolanda got Mylene's attention. They both leant forward whispering to one another before finally leaning back. Mylene reaches in her purse pulling out the tape she recorded with Zeke clutching it tightly.

   "I have this tape." She turns to Cadillac. "Of me singing, do you think you could get it to Malibu for me, maybe if we danced together?"

   He smiles nodding grasping the tape from her hand before throwing his arm over her shoulder and scooting closer.

   "Sure, I'll make sure he gets it, and I'd love to dance, but let's talk about what you're gonna do for me, you like hotels?" He pulls her against more smiling at her.