Ch. 8 Snowflakes and Stars

It had been months since the 'incident' and things had calmed down quite a bit. Most things didn't change other than Mark's mom was now going to therapy and was living somewhere else. Every few days a nearby aunt would come to make sure Mark was okay.

Mark and Jack hadn't gotten together yet, and it was driving Felix and Cry crazy. They had decided to have a sleepover this weekend so they could put their long awaited plans in action.

It was snowy Thursday afternoon and Mark had asked Jack if he wanted to take a walk because it was a nice day. He had invited the others, but they all had been busy. Mark sat at his counter putting some hot chocolate in a thermos for the walk. He hadn't planned it to be big, but there was no harm in bringing some snacks. He screwed the lid on and put it in his draw string bag, along with some sandwiches and cookies. As he pulled the strings together he heard the doorbell ring.

He quickly walked over and opened the door for a smiling Jack. "Hey Marky-Mark! What's in the bag?" Jack looked at the black bag noticing the faint chocolate smell. He was wearing a gray-ish blue sweatshirt with a pair of jeans and snow boots. Mark winked and motioned for him to come inside.

The house smelt like cinnamon and apples, warm and inviting. Jack sat down at the counter as Mark put on his red hoodie and boots. "Should I wear a scarf?" Mark looked up from tying his boots and glanced over to the rack full of winter clothes. Jack nodded eagerly and walked over picking out a red and black scarf. "It matches your outfit!" Mark smiled as Jack handed him the scarf.

Before they left Mark grabbed his ear buds. He loved to walk in the woods with calming music on, even though he probably wouldn't because of Jack.
As they walked out Mark locked the door and put the key in his pocket. Even though Jack knew about his pills nothing had changed. Jack never mentioned it so it wasn't awkward. Mark smiled as he left the warm house into the chilly outside world.

Soon they had made it to the woods and were walking around talking happily. The snow fluttered around them, delicate and beautiful, snowflakes collected on Mark's glasses Jack stopped and grabbed them. "Hey! What are you doing?" Jack quickly rubbed the flakes off then put them back. "The snow blocks your eyes. And I like your eyes." Mark blushed and shrugged.

Soon they had reached a train track in the middle of the forest. Jack gasped and jumped on one of the beams, balancing on one foot. Mark chuckled as Jack walked next to him, arms out for balance.  Mark had spent so much time in these woods when he was younger and he knew that Jack would love them. Soon Mark noticed that they would soon be close to their destination so be grabbed Jack's hand and started walking. Jack smiled sheepishly and went with Mark happily.

After a few minutes of holding hands Mark pulled his away and covered Jack's eyes. "I don't want you to see it yet!" Jack laughed and held Mark's arms as they kept walking. Jack noticed how muscular yet gentle Mark's arms and hands were. He blushed for what had seemed the hundredth time today and was glad Mark couldn't see it. Soon Mark slowed to a stop.  "Okay, open!"
Jacks eyes fluttered open and smiled widely.

In front of him in a tall tree was an old treehouse. It didn't have walls, but had fences around the edges. There was a rope ladder leading to the platform and a tire swing.
Jack skipped over and jumped on the swing. It was surprisingly sturdy for how old this thing must be.  As Jack swung Mark climbed the rope ladder and onto the platform. It had a small amount of snow near the edges but, the roof had done its job. Mark brought out all the snacks and set them near a wall.

"Mark, when did you find this place? This is so cool!" Jack jumped off the swing and walked over to the rope ladder. As Jack admired the fort Mark smiled. "Me and Felix made this when we were nine or ten maybe older, I don't remember." Mark smiled as happy memories raced through his mind. Some sad ones, but mostly happy.

Then the incident popped up. How his mother had reacted to him saying that he was in love with a guy. He had been in love with Jack for so long but had  feared of his friends or even Jack rejecting him, so he never told anyone. He hadn't even thought about his mother not accepting it. How the years before she had been so good with not drinking, or at least hiding it from Mark. He had wondered how she had gotten all of the alcohol when it happened. Did she have a stash, or did she go to the store and buy it all?

Soon Jack had gotten up the ladder. "Oh you brought snackys!" Jack skipped over and sat next to Mark happily. "Hey, you okay? You seem a little off."  Mark looked up and, tried to cover his sadness with a cheeky smile. Jack closed his eyes in satisfaction as he bit into a cookie. They may have been super cheap store bought cookies, but they still tasted all right.  As they talked Mark watched Jack happily. He felt like they were together, but how do you ask that?

The sleepover was tomorrow, and maybe he would ask him then. Mark frowned in disagreement with himself. Mark once again decided he wouldn't tell Jack no matter how much it pained him. He looked back up at Jack, face covered in hot cocoa and crumbs. He opened his baby blue eyes and licked his lips. Jack looked up from his cookie and smiled, with a sparkle in his eyes. His eyes were one of Marks favorite things about Jack. They were like craked crystals filled with snowflakes and stars.

-

Hey- yo Cinnamon here! The art at the beginning is mine which I am super proud of!! (It looks better in personSo far this is one of my favorite chapters!
It's just so cute! \(^ω^\)

Also thank you so much for reading my story! It makes me super happy to see the views go up!
The sleepover will be in the next chapter yay! Much loves!

Also Ram Yam
ヘ( ̄ω ̄ヘ)