Control the Jinchuuriki

"-accident..."

"You call this an accident? He's out of control!"

"From what I've been told the other boy swung first-"

"I don't give a damn about who swung first! There's a boy with a busted collarbone and then there's your son... two completely different beings!"

Naruto could hear them from outside the office door. To some degree he was in agreement with Danzo... aside from his busted lip the young blonde was fine- his upperclassman had a fractured collarbone and a concussion. Of course, he hadn't meant for it to happen. After school he'd come across a group of boys picking on Hinata, he asked them to stop and one of the boys started slinging insults at him. Hinata didn't need to hear what the boy was saying so Naruto was quick to ask her to go home, trying to put distance between the Hyuuga and the boys... but his intention was ruined when another of the group grabbed onto her by the hair, hard. The girl's pained gasp was all it took to wrench Naruto's attention from the previous boy he'd been addressing to the boy yanking on Hinata. He'd seen red and then next thing he knew he was being pulled off the unconscious older boy by the other two and Iruka Sensei.

Both boys had ended up in the hospital... Naruto would never forget the mixture of pride and disappointment on Grannie Tsunade's face. However, before he could get comfortable and have his lip treated, Danzo had shown up and dragged him by the scruff to his father's office. The small blonde had yet to get a glimpse of his father... but if it was anything like Danzo's he didn't want to... and if it was anything like the looks he received from everyone they'd passed on the way here then he was screwed. Anger, annoyance, distain- he wouldn't be able to handle seeing it on his father's face.

"Oh shut the hell up!" Wow. Naruto was taken aback for a second, quickly pulled out of his own internal debate. It took a lot to make his dad cuss, had it really gotten that bad?

"If this were any other jinchuuriki, would this behavior be permitted?" The answer was obvious from Danzo's tone, "F-ck no! If it were anyone but your son he'd be under constant watch!"

"Sorry Danzo but I don't share that opinion! These are children we're talking about, they're going to do stupid shit! And if you'd get your head out of your ass perhaps you'd notice that my son was protecting a friend!"

"His behavior was unacceptable!"

"And what, the other boy was behaving like a perfect gentleman?!  As far as I'm concerned that brat got what was coming to him! What if it were Neji or Kiba who'd come across them, huh? Would you be raking them through the coals like you are my son!"

"At least those two are capable of controlling themselves instead of going into a blind rage! What if the nine-tails had gotten complete control, Minato!? What then!?"

Silence. For several minutes the only sounds from the room were the sharp intake of breaths as the Hokage and Danzo steadied their heavy breathing... their argument turning a different corner.

"Would you be able to kill him? Your son? Would you be able to unseal the nine-tails and seal it inside of another, because it started running rampant in your son's body? Could you watch his life drain away because the nine-tails became unsealed due to an outburst like today's? Watch as he pales and listen as his heart stops once he's completely separated from the monster, just like his mot-"

"I think he gets the point, jackass." Naruto interrupted. Slamming the office door behind him as he stepped into the room. "No need to paint such a vivid picture."

Both men took a minute to look the boy over; granted, with the boy staring at him unrelentingly, Danzo had the best vantage point. His lip was still slightly bleeding from the fight and his left eye was horribly swollen and bruised. His hair was ruffed up and his clothes were dirty, but at the moment he didn't look like he gave two shits. He stared directly at Danzo, his usually stark blue eyes corrupted by the small ring of red around the pupils, clearly pissed off at the older man for bringing up such a touchy subject. Of course, the older man didn't care either... in fact, the more riled up the boy got, the more he proved his point.

"What did you say brat?"

"Danzo-"

"Sorry, I'll be more clear this time." Naruto cut off his father. Smirking he continued, "Shut up, dumbass."

"See this is what I'm talking about! He has no control!" Danzo stated to the Hokage.

"No control? Or no filter? You need to be sure dickhead, before you sound even more like an idiot."  

Turning to yell at the boy, Danzo was met with clear blue eyes set into a smirking face. No anger, no annoyance... pure amusement is what greeted him. Like a switch, all the previous rage was gone, only leaving behind a completely in control ten year old- who had Danzo shutting his mouth before a syllable was sounded.

"I understand why you aren't happy with the fight... and I'll admit I lost my temper... a little bit."

It was a few moments before Danzo could respond. Truthfully, Minato was taken aback as well with his son's declaration. For once it seemed Naruto and Danzo were in agreement. Determining to let them play things out, Minato found amusement in watching the scene unfold from backstage.

"So you admit you were out of control?"

"No, I'll admit my actions were out of line. However, pointing the nine-tails at a predetermined target still counts as control... I just underestimated his rage."

"So you agree that this behavior cannot go without consequences?"

"Yes, that idiot will have to formally apologize to Hinata and all three of them will stay away from her."

"That wasn't what I-"

"And you may have whatever ANBU you want follow me around like a hawk... but I want you to teach me how to better control the rage." The room became silent once again.

Looking at his son, Minato's eyes were just about bulging from their sockets. Danzo's mouth was hanging wide open while Naruto smiled sweetly. Without a word, Naruto moved to stand beside Minato. Taking the older blonde's hand, Naruto slowly tilted his head up to look at his father from beneath his eyelashes.

He'd refused to look at his father this whole time, something that undoubtedly wasn't missed by both of the older men. Looking at his fathers face he found no tension, just the hint of a smile and mild amusement. Looking into the man's eyes, the boy saw just as he desired. No anger, no annoyance, no shame...

...No fear.

A/N: Sorry it took me so long to update... school started back up and I had job training for the last two weeks. :/ I hope to update every weekend, every two weeks at the most. I'll let you know if that will change for any reason. Please comment, it's always helpful.