people with disabilities

One thing not many people know about me is that I grew up with two physically disabled parents. Everytime we go out, my parents always get weird looks and whispers. Both of my parents were born with this disabilities so they are used to it but I am not. People always give my parents look and talk bad about them. They think they cannot do anything, but they can, just differently than you. They get called cripples and made fun of.
  But they taught me some of the best lessons in their own ways. I see things differently from other people because of the things my parents taught me. They taught me to not treat people different from others just because they're not like you, that we are all human. Don't judge people for the way they look because they could be the best people you will ever meet. The things you say about people will stick with them for the rest of your life.
  People with both physical and mental disabilities are always judged for being who they are. They cannot change their disability and neither can you. These people are some of the strongest. They struggle on a daily basis and are constantly judged. People with disabilities deserve to be treated as equals and they deserve respect. The strength in these people is immense. My mom alone has gone through a life of bullying, over 20 surgeries, has had cancer three times, and has delivered three kids. She is still judged for her disability but no one sees her strength like I do. Disabilities shouldn't determine your opinion and treatment towards someone. Next time you see someone with a disability, don't stare at them and make them uncomfortable. You don't need to whisper or laugh. They don't deserve that. They deserve respect and love.