ˑ14ˑ

A/N
Sorry for the awful chapters I've been posting lately, this one sucks ass too.

"Doll face, I'm going out." Joker spoke as he walked into (Y/N)'s room.

"Wait!" (Y/N) called and turned around to face him, "Can I speak to you?"

"Depends what about." He shut the door behind himself and then sat down on her bed. She went and sat beside him whilst fiddling with the ring he gave her.

"About this.." She lifted it to show him, "Ash- my friend said you... That its previous owner-"

"That I took it from my mother after killing her?" He asked and chuckled dryly, "Sure, if that's what you wanna believe."

"N-No," She shook her head, "I want you to tell me the truth about it. It's a beautiful ring and I just want to know its past... I want to know your past."

A sad sigh escaped his lips as he turned his attention to the floor, "I was sitting in my room and I heard my parents argue for the fifth time that day. It annoyed me how my dad was always out drinking and my mum let other men touch her. Later that day I went downstairs, I wanted to talk to them and help them sort it out. I saw my dad pinning my mum to the wall with a knife against her neck, immediately I went to push him off. His knife cut me but I was alright, I just wanted my parents to be safe. Dad didn't give up, he wanted mum dead and that's exactly what he did. He killed her and then stared at me in horror, he realised what he did. He hated himself for it and then took his life." Joker had tears falling down his pale cheeks. He wiped them, not wanting to show much emotions.

"S-So you took the things that they had on them? So you could be reminded of them?" The girl asked as she looked at him, he nodded. (Y/N) frowned, "Here, you should've kept the ring now given it to me." She placed the ring in his hand and he smiled.

"I wanted to give it to you, to someone special. Someone who I knew would cherish it and adore it." He placed it back on her finger and then kissed her hand with tears threatening to fall out of his dull eyes.

"What about the bracelet?" She asked, her eyes were still on him whilst his were fixed on the ground.

He raised his right wrist and pulled his sleeve up to show the item, "Here." He smiled at the bracelet and then pulled his sleeve down.

(Y/N) looked down, "I'm sorry you had to go through all that."

"It's alright, I'm the new me now," He smiled falsely, "The new and improved Joker, the Clown Prince of Crime, the amazing being." He lied to himself, he knew he wasn't amazing. He was a monster yet he allowed himself to be this way. With (Y/N) in his life he knew he could change, he knew he could be better but he was too afraid. He was too scared to change.

(Y/N) nodded, and looked at him. He looked at her and smiled widely. They both knew his smile was fake. Joker appreciated her beautiful (E/C) eyes, her (H/C) hair, (L/C) lips and (S/C) skin. She was special, she was beautiful... But he was a monster.

Joker felt himself lean in, wanting to feel her lips against his. He coughed then stood up, pulling himself away whilst shaking his head and trying his best to not kiss her oh so passionately, "I'm leaving now. I'll see you soon." He walked out and then made his way to his room, thinking about the plan of how to get Harley out.

(Y/N) sat on her bed and watched him leave. She felt happy around him despite all the pain he brought upon her. She cuddled up to her covers and fell asleep on the bed. She dreamed about everything being okay.