The Intiation Exam

I was heading to the academy for orientation when a boy about my height ran over to me.

He had yellow spiky hair and wore his forehead protecter with a lot if pride. His name is Naruto Uzumaki and he was one of the friends I made in the last few months.

"Hey!" He yelled a little to loud. Energetic much? I decided to talk to him about decaf. Soon.

"Nothing and ever hear of decaf?" I asked him

"No what is it?" He replied

Figures. Well I would show him later.

"Race you to the academy."

I was determined to beat him this time. This kid had a lot of energy. What is he some kind of coffee addict or naturally hyper?

In the end I lost again.

"Today we will be giving you your ninja teams." So they started reading off names. Team one blah blah blah.

I hope I would end up on Naruto's team.

"Team six! Sophia, Eric, and Jason!"

Wow I had no idea who those people are. Well guess I'll find out.

"Team seven!" They called "Naruto Uzumaki, Sakura Haruno..." They both said something I couldn't quite catch." And Sasuke Uchiha." They again said something I couldn't catch. Speak up will you.

"Team eight! Hinata Hyuga, Shino, and Kiba!" They announced.

I scanned the room wondering who Jason and Eric where.

"Team ten! Shikamaru Nara, Ino, and Choji Akamichi." They called

Then they where done. We where suppose to come back tomorrow to meat our sensei's. Really can't we do it today?

I went home and crashed early. I woke up at like four am the next day. I had like five hours before we had to be there. I went down to a training field to kill time. Something about a thirteen year old girl dressed differently from the way they dress hear scared people because no one would come near me.

"Water style exploding shock wave justu!" I said forming the hand seals. During the time I've been hear I decided to become this places greatest ninja. I wanted to master all types of justu. I recognized my chakra natures as water, wind and lightning. It was rare but I had three chakra natures.

I was still working on that justu. So far I could only summon a small puddle of water. After about four and a half hours I could summon a decent amount of water but not nearly enough for the justu. But it was time to go.

I got there not to long afterwards. I saw two boys sitting at the six table. Jason and Eric. I walked over and sat down.

"Hey I'm Sophia your new partner." I said

"Hey I'm Jason." Said the one next to me. He was blonde with arms built pretty well. He seemed nice enough.

"Eric." Said the one on the end. He had black hair and seemed on the edge of sanity and insanity. Wow he seemed familiar. Later I realized he reminded me of an old childhood friend who was crazy. Really crazy. But he seemed nice and had emotion on his voice. At least he wasn't emotionless like Sasuke.

"Wait here until your instructor comes." They ordered us.

In around ten minutes most groups cleared out except us and a few other teams including Naruto. Then a women walked in with brown hair. She wore a pink jumpsuit.

"Hello team six I'm Mary. I'll be your sensei. Come. We have a test to make sure your worthy." She said

She brought us to the forest of death.

"Here I have hidden three crates. Your job is to find one and bring it back to me by sunrise tomorrow and word of advise is not to travel alone after dark in these woods. Especially Genin who just graduated. Those who fail will be left until they pass. Now go."

We spread out in different directions. I climbed to the top and looked for a crate and saw lots of leaves. Helpful. I climbed down to see a giant spider looking at me. I have always hated spiders. When I was a kid they always scarred me now I was facing a giant spider.