Battle Of Liberty

The girl and I were staring at eye-level, her brows were creased exactly like my expression. Gary came to the side as Lance had appeared by the other side as well.

"Emma meet, Bella."

"Bella meet, Emma."

"Nice to meet you, Emma." Bella, presumably extended her hand out to me.

"Same to you as well." I nodded slowly as I shook her hand.

"Well, I've got to run, see you around." She smiled heading in the other direction.

"See, doesn't she look like you." Lance portrayed as I scrunched my brows.

"Why are your eyes bloodshot?" Gary asked, as Lance stared at him giving him a look.

"I just had lack of sleep." I shrugged as I saw Gary and Lance exchange a look.

"I'm gonna go to my office." I started making my way towards the stairs, but a hand caught mine. I looked up to see it was Lilly.

"What is going on, Emma?" She asked staring at me.

"What are you doing here?" I asked as she let go of my hand.

"I came to give dad his letter that arrived today."

"I saw you yesterday, when you entered the house; you seemed a little annoyed. Do you want to talk about it?" Lilly asked furrowing her brows.

"Winchester, Captain needs those reports, pronto." Kendall called as I looked up.

"I need to go."

"Emma." Lilly cried as I turned to face her.

"Just don't be late for dinner." I turned around as we both dispersed ways. Truth to be told, I was focused on getting those reports done. If not the least, my day job means a lot to me. Despite my performance the other day.

I headed up the last step and ambled towards the hallway, passing by other officers, whilst making my way inside the big office.

I manoeuvred towards the desk where I started searching for half completed reports. I found them and began moving onto the unfinished chemicals. I placed on my black gloves and heading towards the machine to identify the chemical.

The machine was half working and half not working. I scrunched my brows in confusion and began searching for the problem, before slightly tapping the side of the machine with my gloved palm.

I took the test tube out and thought of an idea; I checked if the coast was clear. I started shaking the test tube with my new found power of speed as I stopped shaking it seeing the test tube all clear.

I smiled to myself before I placed it into the scanner and headed towards my desk to start typing up the last details of the previous chemical I had done.

A few moments later, I heard a beep sound and looked up from the screen. I got up and made my way to the machine as I too out the chemical and saw the results pop up on to the screen.

'Zinc Oxide'

I completed typing up the last details of the now finished chemical reports as I re-read it twice before printing out the results.

Waiting for the papers to print, I was thinking back to yesterday's hovering, how I floated up and saw the shocked faces of Freddy, Dr Fields, Chuck and Dr Flynn.