Battle Of Liberty

Truth to be told, that felt good. I pulled my hood off of me and made my way back to where Freddy was. I spotted Hall, Lance and Gary.

"Did you see that?" Lance asked surprised.

I shook my head as I saw him slightly fan-boying over what happened.

"What was that?" Gary asked mesmerised.

"That my friend, is what you call a hero." Lance smiled.

"Don't jump to conclusions, Lance, my boy. For all we know 'it' could be something dangerous." I heard Lane say. He's a really nice detective but I guess when it's down to business you've gotta go with your instinct.

I turned my head as I was searching for Freddy amongst the crowd, but saw the little boy who I saw hugging his mother tightly speak.

"Mommy, the woman in green saved me." I smiled to myself.

"SO, it's a girl, eh?" Ulrich asked curious.

"Imagine having another girl to work on the force with you, Em?" Lance nudged as I shook my head.

"Oh yeah, forgot to mention, there's a new girl in the department. She kinda looks like you."Lance spoke scrutunising my face as he was taking it in and matching it with the girl's face.

"That's what I said." Gary admitted as both boys disappeared off chattering about something amusing.

I started looking for Freddy and saw him standing there with a thoughtful impression, I came over and his gaze changed.

I didn't speak because I already knew what was going to happen?

"Emma, no matter what you did today, you still knew you weren't healed properly. Imagine you being wounded again. Dr Bray and Hannah haven't even found the solution or answer to why you had this injury and why you're healing took an extra two minutes longer." He breathed out as he stared at me.

"But, that was AWESOME!" He grinned making me laugh along with him.

"Actor." He pointed to himself. "But seriously, there's gonna be a call."

"5, 4, 3, 2, 1." I lowly spoke as Freddy's phone buzzed with a ringtone.

"Hey Hannah."

"Get Emma to the Lab now." I saw him breathe out and nodded his head.

"You're in trouble." We both headed to the Lab where both the doctors were, no sign of Isabella and Chuck yet.

"What was that?" Dr Fields questioned.

"It was Emma saving people's lives." Freddy answered.

"Yes, but what is this?" I saw her gesturing to the aqua lighting.

"That's the colour of her speed when she runs, it's an exotic colour." Freddy answered again.

"Yes, Risk, we get that. What, Hannah is trying to say is what was the reason behind blowing up your cover?" Dr Flynn asked quite interested.

"I saw a little boy being taken away in her arms." I answered after a pause.

"Understood." He nodded his head as he walked away.

"Come on, seriously?" I heard Isabella's voice come into the room.

"Honestly, that's pretty cool, you have to agree." Chuck admitted

"It's sports, do you think I'd agree." She glanced at him with a flat expression.

"Guess what happened today?" Dr Fields asked.