Chapter 15

Beca woke up the next morning feeling worse than she had the night before. She had shooting pain up her entire leg and felt like she couldn't even move it. "Chloe, can you get me some pain meds?" She asked, sitting
up in bed and wincing. "The pain is awful this morning."

"Yeah," Chloe rolled out of bed and went into their bathroom to find some pain medication for Beca. "Do you still want to go to lunch today? Allie had to move it to lunch because she has a class tonight."

"I should be fine later," Beca said. Chloe came out of the bathroom and handed her the pills and a cup of water. "Thanks," Beca said after she took them.

Chloe smiled and gave the brunette a kiss. "You'll be ok. Do you want me to make some breakfast?"

"Sure," Beca said. She picked up her crutches and stood up, balancing on them. "When am I gonna get used to the crutches?"

"You will," Chloe replied, walking next to Beca with her hand on the small of the brunette's back. "Now what do you need? I can get you some ice, although I doubt you'd be able to feel it through the cast, and I can get you a cup of coffee or maybe some juice?"

"Just coffee is alright," Beca said, taking a breath after sitting down on the couch. The crutches were exhausting her already.

"Sounds good." Chloe took Beca's crutches and put them off to the side. Then, she gently lifted Beca's leg onto the coffee table and put a pillow under it. "Is that ok?"

"Perfect," Beca said sweetly.

Chloe smiled and went to the kitchen to make some coffee and get started on breakfast. "Babe do you have work today?" She called from the kitchen.

"I'm calling in sick," Beca replied. "I won't be able to get anything done with all the pain," she sighed.

"Ok," Chloe replied. She brought the coffee to Beca and sat down next to her, rubbing her leg. "Have the meds kicked in yet?"

"A little. Can you get my computer? I want to work on a playlist," Beca asked.

"Yeah." Chloe got up and brought Beca's laptop back to her. "What kind of playlist?"

"I was thinking of working on one with songs for our wedding reception," Beca said. "If you get some free time, could you write me a list of your favorites so I can listen to them?"

"Yeah of course. I want When I Look Into Your Eyes by Firehouse to be the first song we dance to," Chloe said.

"Me too!" Beca said. "Definitely that one."

Chloe smiled and gave her another kiss. "Sounds perfect! Alright, I'm gonna go make some scrambled eggs with bacon and some pancakes. Does that sound good?"

"Yep!" Beca said.

A little while later, Chloe came into the living room to help Beca up. "I just realized we're gonna have to figure out how to get you showered and stuff."

"I thought maybe we use a shower chair?" Beca said. "It's not ideal but I think it's the only thing that will work."

"Yeah I think so," Chloe said. "I can run out and get you one."