Fairly Local

*Chapter 1*

As I stood there waiting for the door to open, seeing as I couldn't quiet reach my key from where I was, I couldn't help but start wondering what my roommate is like, and if they even started yet.

What am I kidding. Of course they started. I am a couple months late but hey! I live in Columbus for crying out loud! Of course I was going to be late.

As I was standing there and pondering over my existence, the door opened to reveal a, actually, a rather good looking guy.

Those brown eyes though and the tattoos hot damn!

"Uh- hi?" I stuttered out. Great first impression am I right?

"Hey! You must be Josh. I'm Tyler. Oh god let me help you with those!" This Tyler guy exclaimed as he jumped forward and caught the box falling out of my reach.

I was thankful for that. Otherwise, knowing my clumsiness, would have dropped it and risked hurting myself AND my poor snare drum.

I won't let anything ever touch my precious drums. My precious.

"Uh- yea- uh- thanks.." I trailed off. Why did I always have to be so damn awkward. It was a curse.

That's it! I'm cursed! It makes total sense. I had a curse out on me as a baby and- wait.

I'm no sleeping beauty.

I'm Josh frickin Dun!

Ok come on get it together I'm still standing in the doorway like a freak.

I've always had conflicts in my head. Most of the time it was just stupid shit and if anyone could read minds, they would lock me up in a mental asylum.

I grabbed a couple smaller boxes myself before walking in and setting them by the door. I sadly did have to take a few trips to get all the boxes in, with Tyler's help, since there were a lot (mainly my drums), before we both just collapsed onto the couch.

I turned towards Tyler before talking- trying to sound as 'not lame' as I could. But let's face it. Tyler already saw how awkward I was.

"So Tyler.. How long you been here?" I asked, managing to sound surprisingly calm.

"I would say I have been here around maybe two months? I don't know I lose track of time easily." He laughed to himself while looking down as his lap.

"Cool! I never imagined I would even come to college, let alone this far from home." I admitted, the last part a bit quieter then the rest. I really need to learn to stop being so damn shy and awkward.

"Where do you come from?" Tyler asked, curiosity edging his features.

"Ohio. More specifically Columbus." I said, rather confidently might I add. "You?"

I saw Tyler's eyes light up a bit and a ghost of a smile creeping it's way onto his face

"Dude!" Tyler exclaimed. "Same!"

I felt actually pretty surprised. How had I never seen him before? Maybe we lived at different ends of the town.

I caught myself staring at the brown haired man infront of me, a slight blush forming on my cheeks. I could tell from the sudden heat I felt in the room.

"Uh- uh s-sorry.. I was just thinking..." I chuckled warily, hoping he wasn't creeped out about my staring.

But dude how could I not! I'm gonna be very gay here and admit that, yes, Tyler is very frickin hot.