Prolouge

18 year-old Joshua, or Josh, Dun, just having graduated high school, was finally moving from his parents home in Columbus, Ohio to a college in California, full ride scholarship thanks to his English work and music involvement. It was different for Josh. He never planned on going to college, he always hated the idea and just wanted to finish school and save some money before traveling for a while, but then he got a scholarship and decided 'hey! Why the heck not?' so here he now was.

Josh never liked the idea of college. He didn't want to waste more countless years learning more stuff he didn't need to. That's what high school was for. He didn't understand college for the most part.

19 year-old Tyler Joseph had been at college for barely two months. He didn't see the point, he had the same views as Josh, even though he didn't even know Josh existed, but stayed with it in hopes to get his dream job. Tyler also had gotten a scholarship, although it was for basketball which he played through high school and that had made him the schools most popular jock. In his free time, however, Tyler liked to write songs with happy tones but sad lyrics that showed his feelings of life. He battled his inner demons and most nights he felt a struggle to continue on. But he did. He never expected to live past 16 years-old, but here he was.

Tyler knew he was getting a roommate soon, because the VP told him. He was worried about this. Tyler, although being the school jock, didn't have many friends through his childhood and teenage years and was bullied fairly often. Because of this, he couldn't help the thoughts running through his mind. What if his roommate judged him? What if they didn't accept his sexuality? Would they be afraid of Tyler? Would they even want to be seen with him? What would they think about his tattoos? Not many people here had tattoos. Aside from Tyler, maybe four other students had tattoos, most of them Tyler knew.

Josh Dun had been assigned to room "194", which, to Josh's annoyance, was located on floor four.

And the elevator was out of service.

Josh knocked softly on the door, hoping it would be answered soon, because damn his bags were heavy, and having to carry them up four flights of stairs was not fun.

The door opened to reveal a skinny, slightly taller, boy, with fluffy chocolate brown hair styled into a slight quiff, and soothing caramel brown eyes.

Everything about this man was perfect. But Josh couldn't help but notice one thing that intrigued him. The boy had some rather interesting tattoos.

*HEY GUYS! How are you all? Welcome to the first fic I ever wrote. And this was the first chapter to be edited! I'm finally starting with editing and I hope you all like the new version. Not many things will change at all. A couple new characters will enter and some things between some characters will change and some plot will but not a huge change. Hope you all enjoy and I love you all!

~XOjay

{Edited: June 17, 2017}