Chapter Twenty-One - Betrayal

Começar do início

All of a sudden, her free hand flew up and slapped me across the face. My head immediately whipped to the side, and a stinging sensation tingled my cheek, making me see stars. My vision flashed a series of different colors, and the breath was knocked out of me in disbelief.

She stumbled back in shock, her eyes widening and her hand flying to her gaping mouth as she stared in shock as if she couldn’t believe she had just done that.

My hand flew to my throbbing cheek, and my nostrils flared. When I lowered my hand, I watched her eyes rake over my cheek, and she winced slightly.

“Logan, I’m so sorry—” she began, but I didn’t want to hear it.

I snarled, and her mouth shut quickly. She gulped thickly as her hazel eyes bore into mine.

“Who the hell do you think you are?” I roared, my anger making me see red. She stumbled back, looking unsure of what to do. Her eyes were wide, and they fervently glanced around.

She began to slowly back away. “Logan, I’m—”

I was so angry, that I was no longer in control of my words and actions. Everything came tumbling out of me like a broken dam. “If you think you’ll find someone who’ll treat you better than I did, then I wish you luck, Marley. Because I don’t know anyone who will put up with the amount of stuff you put me through. Soon they’ll realize how much of a worthless skank you are and drop you. Don’t act all high and mighty with me, like you’re Little Miss Queen Bee. Without me you would be nothing. Nothing! Just some girl who has the fashion sense of a librarian and trucker’s daughter, and who can’t make up her freaking mind about who the hell she wants! Then they’ll drop you so quickly that you won’t even have time to say, “Wait, but I love you!”  I give you three days before you come crawling back to me.”

She swallowed, anger flashing in her eyes, and spat out, “I don’t need you.”

I smirked at her confidently, but decided not to push it. “You better leave now, Marley. Before I really get pissed.”

She nodded quickly and hurried off, and I almost laughed at how scared she looked.

I quickly took a couple of deep breaths, and then pulled out my phone, dialing her number quickly.

She picked up on the fourth ring. Even after everything she still picked up. If she wanted an apology, or for me to beg her to come back, she would be waiting for a while. I wouldn’t hold my breath if I was her.

“What do you want, Logan?” she asked tiredly.

I smirked. “Hi, Daisy. Long time, no talk.”

“Let’s skip the pretense and get to the part where you tell me what the hell you want.” She sounded so much like Marley that it made me smile a little. I must have a type. Stubborn, good-for-nothing, prissy little skanks.

“I need your help, Daisy.”

“What makes you think I would want to help you, Logan?” she asked, sounding amused at my assumption.