Chapter 3- Zane

He watched the whole scene go down. The football dude hitting on Brittany. How she humiliated him. He had to admit, it was kinda funny. As the bell rang, he followed Brittany, wondering where she was going.

Probably skipping school again, Zane thought.

Any person who knew what he was doing would automatically think, stalker. But no, he wasn't a stalker. Brittany just fascinated him.

But it finally payed off when he noticed him. Jake Greene. Jake was in most of Zane's classes, so he knew a little bit about him. He was a good boy, always did what he was supposed to and never broke the rules. That's what everyone in the school thought about him. But for just the slightest of a second, Zane wondered if there was more to Jake than his cliché. Zane shook it from his mind. That thought would have to wait. Instead, he focused on the scene in from of him.

He couldn't hear very well from where he was at, so all he could do was watch. And what he saw was:

The two exchanged a few words and Brittany walked out the doors. Zane expected Jake to turn around and go to class, so he was surprised when Jake followed Brittany outside.

Whoa. Jake Greene just skipped school. Next thing you know, the cow will jump over the moon.

Okay, Zane had two choices. Go back to class and ignore everything, or go after both of them and see what happens next.

Zane just smiled to himself, got up, and left.

Zane stepped out into the sun. He looked around and saw and old swing set, slide, and monkey bars. This park looked like it had been abandoned for years. Why would Brittany come here?

Zane had just watched two scenes with Jake and Brittany. One where the were at this random old lot and another at Brittany's house. (Of all the places, they choose those two?) After they left the house, he saw Jake leave in the direction of school and Brittany go in the opposite direction of Jake. He decided to follow Brittany since he pretty much knee where Jake was going.

Now he didn't see Brittany anywhere. It took him a few moments, but then he spotted her, sitting on an old, rusted bench holding something in her hand. As he got closer, he realized that it was a photo that she had in her hand. He could also see the few tears that had slipped down her cheek. Brittany, the strong rebel, was crying?

After 10, 15, 20 minutes had passed, Brittany still hadn't moved from the bench. Zane decided that he would leave and go to his last classes at school. But as he was leaving, a branch caught him off guard and he tripped and fell, very loudly.

Brittany wiped the tear off her face and stood up. She looked around.

Zane closed his eyes. He didn't even dare to breathe. If he was caught here, he couldn't even guess how bad it would be. After a few moments passed, he thought it was clear. He opened his eyes and let out the breathe he had been holding. He stood up and it was then that he saw.

Brittany stood in front of him, glaring at him. Zane knew this was not going to end well.

A/N. Sorry for the very short chapter. What did you think of Zane? Do you think he's a stalker? What about Brittany's secret, fragile side? Hope you liked this chapter! Hugs and cherry lemons!!