Angel of Music

Erik pov-

When Madame Giry told me that Christine was back, I took it upon myself to send her a letter that I would like to see her again and sent it to her. Other than that, Elena's birthday party was a success. She loved her cake and every present she got. Madame Giry gave her a brand new light purple dress with black polka dots on it and Meg gave her some new dancing shoes to go with her new dress. I waited until we got home to give her my gift. "Daddy, everyone gave me a gift today. What did you get me for my birthday?"she asked as we entered our home. "Well I'm about to give it to you, so close your eyes and hold out your hands. She does as told and I take out her gift from my desk drawer and hand it to her. She opens her eyes and looks down at it. "What is it?"she asks. "Open it," I tell her. She pulls the string out of its knot and looks at the picture. She looks at me quizzically. I knelt down to her level. "Do you remember earlier today when you asked what your mommy looked like?"I asked. She nodded quickly then glanced down at the picture. "Is this her?"she asked examining the picture then looked up at me. "Yes, it is,"I answer her. She smiles at me then throws her arms around my neck. "Thank you daddy." I hugged her back. I let go of her. "It's time for bed angel. Let's go get you ready."

Christine pov-

As I got back to Raoul and I's room, I sat down on the bed separate from his and saw a note with an all too familiar symbol on it. Is it from him? I asked myself. I carefully picked it up and opened it.

Dear Christine,

I am pleased to hear that you have come to Coney Island. Seeing as you are here, I would love to see you again. I hope to see you and hear you sing again. I also hope to tell you of the beautiful gift that had been granted to us not to long ago.

-O.G

Beautiful gift? I thought to myself. I then thought back to the night when my daughter was born and taken from me and how Raoul said he had taken her back to her real father. I just discovered that my angel is indeed alive, so that means that my child must be too. I grew angry and I left with the intention of finding them tonight. After hours of searching, I somehow ended up in the depths of the park. I thought I must have gotten lost, but then I heard someone singing. My angel is that someone singing. I followed his heavenly voice. There he was. Writing something, a song or an entire opera no doubt. I tried stepping closer, but then I heard the floor creak beneath my foot. He looked back at me with a shocked expression. "Christine?"

Erik-

"Christine?"I asked shocked. "Hello angel I received your letter," she tells me. I nod. "You can't be here Christine,"I say blankly and get up from my seat. "And why not?" she asks me being stubborn. "Because I have a lot of work to do."I lied. She can't be here because Elena is in the next room sleeping. "You're lying. OH, and by the way, I found out what you meant by 'beautiful gift' angel. Where is she?!" she shouts. I walk up to her and cover mouth with my hand and I put a finger up to my lips signaling her to be quiet. "She's here isn't she?" she asks. Feeling guilty, I nod sending her into a frenzy. "WHAT?! WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME?! I WANT TO SEE HER!" she screams at me. "Christine! You need to be-" "Daddy?"I hear my little girl ask. Shoot.

Christine-

"Daddy?"I hear a sweet voice ask. I turn my head to see a little girl, my little girl, with a tear-stained face and rubbing her eye. She runs towards angel and hugs his legs tightly. I recognized her from somewhere, but I couldn't exactly place where though. "Elena what's the matter?" angel asks while kneeling to her level. Elena? The girl I had helped earlier was my daughter? "I heard yelling and got scared," she says letting a few tears fall. I wanted so bad to go up to her and hug her and tell her everything was going to be alright. But I didn't in fear that angel wouldn't let me even go near her. "Everything's going to be okay angel. Go back to your room and I'll be in in a minute," he tells her then kisses her head making her send a beautiful smile before nodding and walking away. But before she actually did walk away, she glanced up at me and my heart just completely melted over how beautiful she is. I gave her a warm smile and which she returned. She looked at angel again. "She looks like mommy, daddy," she said before walking away. I look at angel again. "She knows who I am?"I asked surprised. He nods. "I gave her a picture of you for her birthday today," he says. I smile at him, not exactly knowing what to do. "I want to see her for more than just a minute. Please."I pleaded. Angel sighed. "Fine. You can take her tomorrow night and until Sunday evening," he said. "Thank you, angel!"I said hugging him. "Erik." "What?"I asked. "My real name is Erik," he said. "I like it,"I said honestly. He smiled without saying anything. "I only have one request for when you take her," he said seriously. I nodded. "What is it?"I asked. "Keep her away from that fop," he said blankly. I nodded again. "I promise."