chapter 12-Not Good

Chapter 12

After leaving the warehouse I started moving swiftly I was a block away when I saw military vehicles going towards the warehouse I cautiously followed and stayed in the shadows the soldier I had fought had rank a Lt at that I waited he was pacing and mumbling in chinese. There were a couple chairs sat up for the soldiers to sit on temporarily he grabbed one and threw it with great force it splintered and I backed away further letting the night sheild me.

"I want her found and I want her found now!" He yelled many of his men jumped up and saluted one bravely asked.

"What do we do if we find her sir?" He sounded scared to be asking this question although I was scared myself the Lt smiled I didn't like it.

"Then bring her to me if she resists take any measures necessary for her cooperation but leave her alive." Oh so he wanted revenge because I won our duel and was giving his soldiers to beat me into submission if necessary and then come up with a story for his general when I appear bruised. I had to get out of here now I ran for a long time spotting an old shed I went in and thats where I slept for the night falling into a light sleep. I woke up to the whir of blades I walked out and saw a chopper something was wrong with it and it was coming towards the city! I watched it spin over my head and saw where it was about to crash I dropped to the ground and protected my head when it was over I looked up and the city was destroyed many people were dead. This cannot be what Seamus wanted if it was he had truly become heartless I heard more whirring and looked to the sky to see one of his choppers passing I didn't wave or anything merely watched it. When it passed I looked level again and saw many Chinese soldiers on the street looking for me so I ran further into the wrecked city and hid in rubble when necessary. A while later Seamus's soldiers joined as well I did not approach any of them if they don't know who I am and this wreck was intentional I could die so I stayed hidden watching from afar. My breathing was rattled but I shook it off I found a canteen and as unsanitary as it was I drank from it as I was dehydrated my breathing went back to normal and I made sure I wouldn't need any for a while before continuing on my sadness grew as I saw men woman and children laid out dead I had spotted a dead infant and crouched next to it when I felt someone watching me I looked up it was a Chinese soldier with a gun aimed at me. I stood ready to flee

"Don't move!" He commanded I stopped but backed away he wasn't allowed to kill me and I knew it "stop" he said in a more controlled voice my pulse raced as I continued to back away. He cocked the gun and that's when I stopped I looked him right in the eye he was about to approach me when a bullet hole appeared in his head and he slumped to the ground and didn't move blood slowly trickling from the wound. I looked where the shot had come from and there stood an H.A.R. soldier he lowered his gun and I wasted no time running.

"Hey wait" he said to me I did not look back I didn't know if I could trust him he could have been another terrorist I doubt it but caution is good. Unless Seamus himself comes after me I will make sure I stay hidden now I don't particularly trust him especially after this but nobody can impersonate a dead person. I crouched behind rubble and shook with shock and fear of the unknown. I stayed put for hours before moving once again I picked up a handgun just n case and walked cautiously I had two more run ins with the Chinese luckily I had a gun and dealt with it quickly. I was on the move well into nightfall before exhaustion and hunger finally took its toll and I fell to the ground so I army crawled as far as I could which was twenty feet. A China civilian spotted the movement and came over it was a teen my age maybe. I didn't miss the badge he wore he was a soldier hiding in plain sight smart.

"Hey you ok?" He asked with concern that may have been fake I didn't answer and gave a yelp when he came closer I scooted away and raised my gun. Recognition flashed in his eyes. "You" he said simply then he smiled. "You have made this easier on me you know tiring yourself out well now your trapped and I will gain credit for this" he sounded rather proud I raised the gun once more.

"Don't" I said in a smaller voice I cleared my throat "or I shoot." He smiled amused by this in a flash he was right in front of me.

"Well well well you think you can get out of this? Your wrong" I didn't waste a second raising the gun high ready to bring it down. He noticed and grabbed my wrist I gasped as he twisted it. "Drop it" he said angrily "or I'll snap your arm" defeated and out of options I dropped the gun and closed my eyes in defeat I opened them slightly to find him smiling at me again I closed my eyes again out of exhaustion and prepared to meet my fate.