Chapter One

6 years later

"Mason Alexander-Derek Hale let's go we're going to be late!" I yelled up to the five year old who likes to take extra long to get ready, 'a lot like his father' a small voice echoed in the back of my mind.

"But mommy my hair." my son whined from the top of the stairs with his hair looking like a bomb went off in it.

I chuckled at him before saying, "come here baby lemme fix it for you." He walked down the stairs with a pout still on his lips as I fixed his hair.

Once I was finished my son looked at me excitedly before asking, "Are we going to get to see uncle Peter before my first day of school?"

I smiled at him before nodding, "Yes honey but only if we leave now and hurry we don't want to be late on your fist day of school." He smiled widely and grabbed his bag before running out to the car.

As we arrived at the clinic we passed someone who looked oddly familiar rushing out of there with a sour look on his face. Before even signing in Mason ran into the room where Peter was in.

I chuckled at him loving how even though he never actually got to talk to Peter due to the condition he was in, Mason loved just sitting there with him and chatting the poor man in a platonic state's ear off.

I walked into the room to see Mason on the bed next to Peter just rambling on how he starts his first day of school today. After a half hour I inform Mason that we have to go before he's late and the nurse comes in and offers him a lollipop.

I hear Mason tell Peter he loved him before following the nurse to get the lolly pop. I sigh looking down at Peter and saying, " I know you probably cant hear me, but i really want to thank you for the past few years of listening to me though you didn't have much of a choice in that. I really think Mason looks up to you even with the state you're in, I'm glad he has someone on his father's side around. You're part of this family and I'll keep coming here till you get better no matter how long it takes."

After my little monologue I swear I almost saw a flicker of emotion pass through his eyes but i just rolled my eyes at myself for thinking that happened. I leaned down and kissed his forehead before going out to the waiting room where Mason was happily sitting with the nurse and a pop in his mouth.

"Ready for your first day?" I asked my son scooping him up in my arms, and leading him to the car giggling.

Little did I know this would be the last normal day I would have with my son.