°•ิ.•ஐஇஇஐ•.•ิ°

"Hey Satoshi," Gold called out the oldest champion by his first name. It was an odd name so he liked to use Red. "Have you ever thought about your siblings before?"

Red raised an eyebrow while the rest of the group looked at him. "Ethan, you don't have any siblings," Red said, pulling down his cap. "But to answer your question; probably? When I went home Yellow wasn't there. I talked to Professor Oak and he said that she was off to another region. Shigeru wasn't there either."

Black took a deep breath and laid down as Ruby's pokemon travelled through the clouds in the sky. "Siblings..." he muttered. "We need all the love we can get."

"Don't take it too hard Touya Hilbert," Red warned. "Your string is getting thin."

"If love is what you need then a soldier I will be," Diamond sang.

"Say that to Barry Jun!" Ruby teased.

"But isn't it reverse?" Gold asked.

Red shook his head. "Are we really going to talk about this? I thought this conversation was over a long time ago." Red eyes glanced at Black who didn't want to talk at all. It was hard for all five of them but they couldn't do anything. It was a consequence for being a champion of your region.

For him [Red], Ruby and Diamond, it was stable or at least, they were the ones who had the least pain. Some would say this was a curse for being a champion, unfortunately for them there wasn't a way to turn back. They were selected from each region. They were fated to suffer, they couldn't ever be normal.

Was the consequence really that painful? It was.

Every single time they thought about them. They suffer.

Every single time they remembered their distance away from them. They want to cry.

Every single time the champions knew that the ones they love couldn't be with them. They burst into tears.

Every single time.

It stabbed Red's soul.

It drove Ruby's mind crazy.

It pierced Diamond's heart.

It ringed Gold's neck.

And for Black... he was the one who suffered the most. For Gold, it was suicidal but for Black, it was as if he was never there in the first place. Touya did his best to smile and laugh while he was in the state of suffering.

It hurt them a lot.

Their String of Fate.

The oldest of the batch smiled as a tear rolled down his cheek. There was it again, that pain in his chest. Stabbing his soul once more. The red string on his pinky was visible in his eyes. With nothing else better to do, he collapsed as the familiar pain started to resurface. "We are a miserable bunch. The five of us."

Gold laughed dryly as he stared at the golden string tied to his finger. His string was a mess, it wraps around his neck and stayed there. He always wondered if he would see the silver coloured end. Nah, probably not. He pulled down his cap, hiding his eyes. Only if those strings could loosen by his hands. There were also times that it was hard to breathe.

Diamond kissed his pinky, holding on to his string, wishing that he wouldn't let go. The other end of that string was dangerously getting loose. He wanted the other person on the end of the string to hold on for a little longer. His string was transparent but it reflected light. The raven haired boy felt something was bleeding, the smell of blood was already so mutual to him. He laid down as he grabbed on his chest. It will heal through time.