19 | satan take care of me

Song: I Know What You Did Last Summer by Shawn Mendes ft. Camila Cabello

Depicted Above: Diego Barrueco as Quinn Carter

|||

One foot.

Then the other.

The weight of my body shifted back and forth between the balls of my two feet as I patiently waited for the door to swing open.

Checking for what may have been the third time, I whipped my neck around, and sure enough, Quinn's car was still planted in its spot.

I told him to go, yet he was still here, waiting for the door to open before taking his leave.

"Go away," I mouthed with a furrowed face, annoyed because it felt like I had already stretched his hospitality enough. I didn't want him to also have to wait for me to enter the two-story house.

In return, Quinn shot me a really? look from his respective driver's seat with quirked up eyebrows and a finger pointing at the door of the Daltons' place, indicating he would only take departure once confirmed that someone opened the door to my ringing.

Mr. and Mrs. Dalton were out visiting relatives, and that left the girls and/or Caleb to be my savior and open the damn door.

Yeah.

The odds were not in my favor.

Knowing it was between Team Hungover As Fuck, composed of Al, Sab, and Jules, and Team Sleeping Beauty, comprised of the one and only Caleb, I would be camped out here for a while.

I sighed, running my hands through my hair and pushing it off to one side. If the past two rings didn't have any effect on whether I crossed the threshold of the Dalton residence or not, then what would make the third time the charm? Tired of waiting and wasting not only my time but Quinn's as well, I returned my hand back to the doorbell.

If there was any possibility of actually having the door answered, I would have to be strategic about how I approached the situation.

With my one finger hovering over the doorbell, I began to incessantly press the button that would soon grant me access to the house. Not letting myself pause or take a break, I continued to press the button nonstop, much like how I treated the That Was Easy buttons during my trips to Staples.

The beautiful cacophony of muffled doorbell rings filling my ears, somehow encouraged me to continue to push the fuck out of the doorbell faster. Man... Julia, Sabrina, Alex, Caleb... whoever it was that opened the door for me would definitely be pissed.

Oops.

Pressing the button really was addicting, but I was sobered out of my habit as soon as the door swung open, revealing a very peeved Caleb.

"What?" Caleb's gruff morning voice pointedly questioned. The hardness of his features softened as he processed it was me at the door.

"What took you guys so long to open the stupid door?" I asked.

"Sab and I rock-paper-scissored for it."

That definitely made sense.

The siblings had always used rock-paper-scissors as their solution when they were in yet another one of their arguments or were too lazy to do something like throwing out the trash, putting things away, or opening the door.