Chapter 21

The elder oracle paced the room. "And what of her power? What are we going to do about that?" she asked rhetorically. She already knew what she was going to do but was curious as to their responses. Klaus was the first to speak. "Don't take it from her. I'll take her home and have my sister complete the ritual so she becomes an oracle." Lili stared at him. "Why? If I take it then you have nothing to fear from her. She'll be ordinary, or will you not love her if she is powerless?" Klaus's temper flared at the accusation even though he knew it was justified. "I don't want it for me. I want it for her. Make it so I can't benefit from her power. I don't care but, you can't take that part away from her." Lili decided to provoke him a bit more. "Why? Why is it so important to you if she has her power if I decide to render it useless to you?" Klaus set Elisabeth on the sofa before getting up to confront Lili. "Niklaus don't, she can hurt you." She begged him. "I don't care. I'm not letting her take this from you." He told his lover. "Why Niklaus? Tell me why?" Lili demanded and shot pain into him. "Lili please don't hurt him!" Elisabeth screamed as she ran to Klaus who was now collapsed on the floor. "Why!" Lili asked again. The pain in his body stopped and he looked up at Lili, his expression unreadable. "Because it's who she is. She'll never be whole without it. She'll never be happy again. Can you not feel her anxiety? And if you allow her to be with me wouldn't you want her to be able to protect herself? My world is not a genteel one and if she is to be a part of it she will need a strong defense for when I am unable to protect her."

He turned to Elisabeth. "They will come for you. They will attempt to hurt me by hurting you. You need to know this. I have many enemies and once they learn you are an oracle they will want you. Even if not for your visions then for your power alone. I don't want you to ever die but least of all at the hands of my enemies." Her face was cupped in his hands as anguish crossed his face and he kissed her lips gently before getting up. "Why can she not just have peace in her life? I accept that my life is a never ending circle of torment but she's done nothing to deserve this! She's your family and you'd take something so important from her and leave her in emotional pain for the rest of her life?" He could feel rage building within him and tried to calm the hybrid side. Elisabeth felt this and went to him and wrapped her arms around him from the back. She refused to influence his mood since she now knew he considered it manipulation but hoped her touch alone could calm him. He felt the small arms around him and her heart beating against his back. He took several deep breaths and pulled her from behind him so she was at his side and held her hand in his. Lili watched the pair. They were more alike than either of them thought. They were both little puzzles that had pieces missing but the secret was that they each carried the missing pieces for the other one. Together they were whole, not perfect but whole. They had to figure that out for themselves though. You can't just draw a map to happiness for people or they will never learn to figure out challenging situations for themselves. He needed to open himself to trusting someone else and accepting the good in life and understand that disappointment is a part of life but not the end of the world. She needed to learn to stand on her own two feet and stop depending on everyone to care for her. When the protection spell was placed on her there was no shortage of people who wanted nothing more than to keep her safe and happy. They forgot to teach her to be independent though which led to her to give up too easily and doubt herself with even the smallest failure. She'd been too coddled and he not nurtured enough. Lili sighed and turned to the anxious eyes trained on her awaiting her decision.

"I will allow you to remain bound to each other. As for your power Elisabeth, I've decided... you will remain a witch. I will however not grant you full access to either your visions as an oracle nor your magic for three full moons until you learn some control. Niklaus will help you with this task." She looked smug in her decision making. Klaus was angry though and let it be known. "You're punishing her because of me aren't you? I'm not a witch, I can't help her cast spells and you know it!" Elisabeth held his hand tighter but just looked down. "I said she needed to learn control. I said nothing of you teaching her spells. If I want her to learn a spell, I will teach her but in order for her to do that she needs to learn to control her emotions. Something you both could benefit from honestly. A normal witch would have begun playing with her powers around age four or five. She was prevented from using hers so she never learned control. If she is to live up to her potential she needs to have clear focus and not be ruled by emotions or whims. Do you accept my terms?" Lili asked already knowing they would. "And if we don't accept your offer? Then what? What if we accept it but fail?" Klaus hissed at her. Lili walked to the hybrid who stood unafraid next to the focus of conversation. Elisabeth was anxious and felt overwhelmed. She kept her head down and wouldn't look at either of them. Lili grabbed Elisabeth's face in one hand and Klaus's in the other, though she held his with much more force than was necessary. She glared into his eyes. "Then I will strip her of everything and take her from you and you'll never see her again." She threatened with a sarcastic calmness. Elisabeth began to sob and Klaus became enraged and pushed Lili away from them and took Elisabeth in his arms. "It's alright love, we can do this. We'll practice every day. It'll be fine. You're strong and I believe in you." He kissed her head after his promises. "It seems we have no choice." He looked at his love who nodded. "We accept." Lili turned and started toward the door. "Good. Rest up. I'll be back at dawn to complete the ritual." She stated smugly as she slammed the door shut behind her.

Poor things, their lives have so much drama. Will their love prevail? Stay tuned and remember if you like it to please vote, comment, share and follow :) (psst there will probably be another chapter tomorrow since this one is a little short and I love you)