Chapter 2

"KLAUS!" he yelled once again just as the man himself appeared on the balcony overlooking them. "I presume by your boldness you have something for me?" Klaus stated matter of factly in his deep British accent. The king was dressed in a deep red wine colored henley with a few necklaces dipping under the unbuttoned neckline, black trousers and black leather combat boots. His golden hair glistening in the bright afternoon sun giving him almost a halo illusion, but he was far from the angel the image portrayed.

"I've found her and will release her to you for my freedom, as promised." Sam claimed.

"Ah yes, your freedom. Isn't it lucky for you I'm feeling benevolent given the severity of your crime against me?" the king mocked as he descended the stairs.

"I fully admit my wrongdoing and I offer my sincere apology and the girl in penance." Sam offered.

"Show her to me." the king demanded, as there had been false claims of her capture from others.

Sam glanced back to Caron and nodded. Caron reluctantly pulled the girl with him as he approached the king. "Just stay calm, okay?" he tried to reassure her, but in truth he knew he was most likely handing her over to the man who would kill her. They approached Sam who forcibly wrenched her from Caron's soft hold. The force was so great she yelped out in pain. "Here! Here she is!"

Klaus glared down at the small girl. His five foot eleven menacing figure loomed over the five foot, he guessed, girl. She looked like a child and he supposed that's what she was being just seventeen. She was dressed in a too big for her light pink silk blouse that hung off one shoulder which was cinched by a thin black patent leather belt in the middle accentuating her small waist, dark ripped jeans and black flats. He had looked for her for years but she was well hidden. His plans required her so he'd decreed a pardon or favor for whomever found her and brought her to him. Klaus sped in front of her. "Hello, love. I've been looking for you for a long time. May I have the pleasure of your name?" He whispered in her ear and she tensed up immediately. "Elisabeth Vivianne Macalister." She responded in a small voice. "Welcome to your new home my dear. I expect you'll be very comfortable here." He promised her.

It was at this point Elijah, the elder brother, had silently strolled in and leaned his well-toned, suited figure against the entryway watching the scene unfold without anyone acknowledging his presence. He knew of his brother's enthusiasm to obtain this particular girl and while he knew she was important to his plan; Elijah was apprehensive about his brother's wrath should she fail at the task she had been procured for. Niklaus lacked the patience and restraint that Elijah himself was proud to possess. While he knew that she could bring the security his family needed, she was human and could be so easily destroyed by this life.

"Where did you find her?" Klaus inquired as he circled the pair like the predator he was. He watched the other lone male vampire back up, smart, he thought to himself.

"In some squalid village in Ukraine, they tried to defend her in vain. I slaughtered the lot of them" he boasted. Klaus stood behind them half listening to the story. He was more interested in the girl. He stroked her long tangled midnight black hair which fell down her back to end at her waist. She jumped at his touch and begged in her small voice for him not to hurt her. It was so faint a human would not have even heard her desperate plea.

"Ha ha. So feisty she was when I first found her, tried to stab me with some ceremonial sword her family had. Now, well now let's just say she knows her place in the world. Don't you princess?" Klaus now stood in front of them staring into her dull, lifeless green eyes as the tears spilled down her face while Sam stroked her cheek.

"What was his role in this?" Klaus demanded as he glared at the younger vampire who had yet to speak. "Caron? Well he felt it his duty to play nursemaid to the wretch." Sam said rolling his eyes. He didn't understand why Caron felt the need to cater to the human.

"Is this true?" the king growled at Caron.

"Ye-yes sir. I didn't feel she needed to suffer. So yes, I made sure she ate and tried to provide her with some basic comforts." Caron announced bravely.

"And why did you take up this cause to find her. You've not committed any crime against my family. Is it a favor you seek?" the king asked inquisitively as he approached him.

"No sir, Sam... Sam and I are friends. He asked for my help and I agreed." He hesitated.

"Well then if you have no favor to ask of me you are dismissed and will speak of her and what you may know or have seen to no one" The king compelled.

"What about them?" he looked at his friend and the girl he'd grown fond of.

"They, are not your concern. LEAVE!" Caron's bones rattled but before he left he called out to Elisabeth, who had tears in her eyes, to be brave and true giving them both a sympathetic look and then quickly disappeared.

Thank you for reading. Please vote, comment and share.