Chapter 11

She closed her eyes and gripped his hands tight in hers and allowed herself to see into his mind and soul. Klaus had never felt power like this and as she pushed her way in he tried to drive her out but was both physically and subconsciously unable to. She was flooded with a thousand years of images of his family, friends, lovers, death, blood and torture. She felt things he felt like the pain when his father would beat him, the humiliation he endured on an almost daily basis as a child and young man, the pain of his own death, the guilt and anxiety he had after his first kill, his shame of being a werewolf because of his mother's indiscretion, his fear of never being enough, never being loved and alone for eternity. She saw him using his curse and power to cover up his insecurities, there was nothing that could be hidden from her, she saw and felt it all.

She came to recent memories and felt his rage flow through her when he saw what Sam had done to her, his fight with his family and him fleeing with her to keep her from perceived threats. She had heard his promises in her restless sleep which had given her peace, she knew his promises were true. She also saw something unexpected, that he would let go of his quest to keep her for her power if she asked him to.

She opened her eyes and released her hold on him. She gazed at him and saw the confusion on his face and brought her hands to cup his face. She told him she understood and she gave him the one thing he thought no one could ever give him, forgiveness. She watched as tears formed in his eyes and she told him that she would stay with him and be his oracle if that was his wish. Klaus shook his head as rouge tears escaped him. He told her he didn't want that for her, he would keep her safe until her birthday and he would let her go anywhere she wanted. He would find another way to keep his family safe that didn't involve using or hurting her.

She sat silently in his lap contemplating his words and his story that had unfolded just moments before. She knew he had done horrible things but she knew it was fear and pain that were at the root of it all. She knew that if she were to stay she could help him and his family stay safe and that she could in fact bring a positive change to his life that had been missing. She knew her task would not be an easy one since he had a thousand years of insecurity to work through but she felt in her heart that this is what she had been born for, not just to embrace her destiny as the oracle but also to bring love and light to the man the ancestors had chosen for her. Firm in her decision she spoke for the first time since she pulled him into her dream.

She looked up at him as she took both his hands in hers "I will stay with you and help you, you need me. I know this is what I need to do, I accept it and I trust you to keep me safe." Klaus did something he'd never done in front of another person before, he openly wept. No one had been so forgiving, so pure in his life before. This innocent girl who was tortured because of him was willing to give him more than he would ever deserve. She wrapped her arms around him and cuddled into him as he tried to calm himself. She let peace surround them and lifted the silence from the forest and let the light in. She rested her head on his chest so she could hear his heartbeat and felt his arms holding her as tightly as she was holding him. They stayed in the little cocoon she had created for them until he was settled.

He placed his index finger under her chin and raised her head so she was looking up at him. "I don't deserve you Elisabeth, I know I don't. Why are you doing this?" He asked in a still shaky voice with tear stains on his face. "I believe in you Niklaus. I believe you have light in you and before you say you do not; remember I have witnessed your entire life. I am not excusing your past behavior but neither am I condemning you for it. I know what drives you and I need you to listen very carefully to what I'm about to tell you..." with that she brought them out of her dream and back into reality, back to their little cabin.

She woke up on the bed still in his arms and sat up, Klaus mimicked her action and she held his face with her hands so he would not look away. "I will never leave you while there is life in me. I will be there to support you, to help you, to give you comfort and to defend you. I will not let you push me away when I know how much you need me. This is my promise to you."

Klaus had no words to express his feelings at this moment and instead pulled her to him and kissed her with what he hoped she would take as a symbol of the gratitude and adoration he felt for her. She had offered him everything he has ever wanted and she had done so freely and with such strength in her heart. His lips tenderly melded with hers as the fingers of one hand gently weaved themselves in her long hair. He gently pulled her down onto the bed with him as he slipped his tongue past her plump rosy lips and deepened their connection before he stared leaving small hot kisses under her chin to her throat. He felt her heart beating rapidly at his touch, he could smell her blood and wanted to claim her.

She felt his desire and moved her hair to the side, offering herself to him. "Make me yours Niklaus." She whispered to him. Those four words pushed him beyond his limits and he felt his face transform moments before he bit into her tender and fair flesh. Klaus heard her cry out before he felt the rush of her blood flood into his mouth, she tasted like nothing else in this world. Along with her blood, she flooded him with feelings she had for him. One of her hands was stroking his back as the other one was tangled in his golden locks. Klaus fed from her and marked her for all to see, they were bonded now and no one could take her from him. She let out small moans of pleasure as he consumed her and she knew her life would never be the same again. Klaus felt her pulse slow and with enormous effort he was able to stop feeding and release her before she fell into unconsciousness. It took him a moment before he was able to form a rational thought which was to feed her so she could recover from the amount of blood he had taken from her. "Sweetheart please, drink." He begged her as he bit into his wrist and held it to her mouth. Elisabeth did as she was told and weakly grasped his arm with her hands and began to drink his blood, the blood of the powerful hybrid that had captured her heart. As she drank she fell into a trance like state and her eyes closed for a moment before opening again. Klaus had been filled with desire as the woman he adored fed from him but became instantly disturbed as her eyes opened and instead of her beautiful emerald eyes he was confronted with silver ones. "Elisabeth!" he shouted frantically at her. She didn't respond but instead kept feeding, he was unable to release himself from her now tight grasp. Just as quickly as it began her eyes closed again and he felt her release him and gazed back at him with her original emerald eyes. "Elisabeth are you alright?" his tone filled with worry. She did something he could not have anticipated...she giggled and pulled his face to her own before she kissed him lightly. "Of course I'm alright." She told him as she watched the confused look on his face. "Niklaus, that's how oracles are bound to vampires. I am truly yours now, but we need to complete the ritual within three days' time." She told him with all seriousness.

"Why three days? What happens then?" he asked inquisitively as he pulled her up into a seated position.

"I shall have my eighteenth birthday and while I'll still be yours, I won't be an oracle any longer. Call your sister and tell her to prepare for the ritual, we need to do this as soon as possible. Tell them you're bringing your oracle home."

Please vote, comment and share. Thank you.