Prolouge

Who knew a mistake could change your life forever? I never expected it to happen to me. But it did. There's nothing that I could do to change what happened eight years ago. Because just one mistake. One mistake, changed my life forever. I never meant to bring harm to anyone. In the end, I did. Everyone blames me. Not my brother nor my mother, just me. My name is Ivy.

I was raised in a pack of almost five hundred. My mother, Amy, was a rouge when she was 18. She met my father when she trespassed on the Blood Moon Pack. To her surprise he was the soon to be Beta of the pack. Every time she told me the story, she would say, "It was love at first sight." It was, they were mates. Mates were special and created for a purpose.

It has been said that the moon goddess, creator of all supernatural beings, did this. No one would be left alone. Over the years there have been rejections. Rejections are the cause of heart break and even death.

When I was eight years old, I ran across a busy street because I heard something. A whisper or a calling for my name from the forest. A truck going full speed was coming towards me, but my father, pushed me out of the way and saved my life. Ever since that day the pack has been mourning over his death. Since I was the one that he saved, they took out their anger and frustration out on me.

Ever since that day, I have become a maid, servant and a punching bag. I'm treated like I am nothing but dirt under their shoes. I don't know what to do. I'm hoping that my mate will come and save me one day. The hope I'm holding onto is disappearing and I don't think there will be something to hold onto.

I might not be able to hold on much longer.