Chapter 29 - Daniel Duck

"Rebecca, wait!" I call after her, not knowing what to do.

"No! Don't you dare try and talk to her, after what you've done. You're disgusting," Mala snaps, glaring at me intensely. "How could you do this to the both of us, hmm? Messing with our emotions, making us feel loved, when really it was a game to you?"

I take a step towards Mala. "I'm sorry Mala, I messed up!"

"Damn right you messed up!" she nearly yells.

This isn't working. What do I do? I can't lose them both; I've never been dumped by a girl before! I need to make her stay!

I try to put my arm around Mala's shoulder. "I'm sorry baby, please listen—"

Mala pushes my arm off of her. "How dare you call me baby after this? We're finished, you hear me? Finished!" Mala begins to walk away with her friend.

"Wait, Mala! Wait, come back! Can't we talk about this?" I practically beg, grasping at straws.

Mala stops and turns around. She walks up to me, looks me straight in the eye, and SMACK. "That's for cheating on me!" she cries.

I stumble backwards. My cheek is stinging. "Did you just slap me!?"

SMACK. "And that's for cheating on Rebecca!" SMACK. "And that, Daniel, is for being the biggest pig I have ever met! And don't even think about trying to call me."

Mala walks away, leaving me alone, confused, and with a throbbing face.