His hand is on my thigh and he seems so relaxed. I pretend to be asleep so he doesn't remove the contact and I just listen to him sing. His voice is like heaven and my own personal bliss. I managed to listen for a while without moving, but the air in the car was freezing and I was on the verge of shivering.

"Hey Harry?" I mumbled.

He froze and his voice stopped completely. It seemed like every muscle in his body was paralyzed.

"Yeah?" he croaked.

"Can you turn the heat up?" His body relaxed and he reached up turning the nob to warm the car without a word. His hand didn't return to my thigh and I couldn't help but feel disappointed. I laid my hand down on the console and stretched my feet out. To my pleasant surprise I felt Harry's warm hand fall on top of mine and intertwined our fingers. His hands swallowed mine in comparison, but they fit together perfectly in the oddest way. A small smile fell on my face and I peaked at Harry to find him smiling as well.

"How much longer?" I asked him glancing out the window and looking to our surroundings as if I would recognize where we were. The sky had turned dark and the stars seemed to shine brighter tonight as they scattered randomly above. The moonlight fell over a lake we were passing giving it a beautiful shine. I smiled at the sereneness of our surroundings.

"We'll be there in about 15 minutes," he informed me. I suddenly felt sick. I hadn't been worried about it until now, but what if Harry's mom doesn't like me? Oh my God what if she thinks I'm like some hoe that she's never gonna meet again and treats me like crap? What if she assumes that-

"Are you okay?" Harry asks interrupting me from my terrified thoughts.

"What if your mom doesn't like me?" I blurt.

Harry raises his eyebrows in question before they furrow in a frown.

"She is going to love you. Trust me. If I like you, she'll love you," Harry assures me. My heart flutters at his words, but then I remember that he means in a best friend type like and its like my was just crushed by a boulder.

"Are you sure? I mean I'm not exactly social, and I eat too much, and I'm not exactly the most attractive girl in the world. What if she thinks I'm like a total nu-" Harry cuts me off again.

"Would you stop it? You're perfect Harper. Absolutely perfect," he mumbles that last part. There's a sincerity in his voice that makes me feel like he believes what he's saying, but I am far from perfect.  I look over at him and give him a hard look.

"Your biased," I say sternly.

"Would you stop worrying?" he asks before bringing our intertwined hands to his lips. He kisses the back of my hand and smiles at me. I sigh, but stay quiet and squeeze his hand in a thank you.

I am literally on the verge of a heart-attack by the time we pull up to the cabin. Harry releases my hand and I'm left cold by the sudden departure. I don't have much time to think about it though, because Harry's opening my car door and trying to pull me out.

"Come on, Harper," he groans pulling on my stiff limbs.

"No. I can't do it," I tell him gripping onto the door handle.

"Haven't you ever met a friends parent before?" he asked crossing his arms.

"Of coarse. But this time it's different. I actually care about what she thinks," I say not thinking about the words that are rushing out of my mouth.

"Why?" Harry asks a smirk forming on his lips.

"I don't know! I just do," I tell him exasperated.