Inexplicable Attraction: 24

"its about time you get here honey. we were worried" my mom says as i enter her house.

christian and his family are there. "mom, why does it matter im here"

she scowles. "watch your tone young lady."

i sigh. "sorry mom" i mumble.

"hey crissy" i say hugging christian.

"mr and mrs, washington" i say smiling at his parents.

they smile back at me politely.

"so how have you been, i havnt talked to you in a while." christian says.

i smile, ive been preocupied by james, my friends, and work. and of course school.

"nothing, you know just school work and stuff." i say nonchalantly.

he lookes at me and smiles, he has no reason not to believe me.

i look over at my parents who are staring at me, as well as christians parents.

"whats going on?" i ask christian. im confused.

he looks a little nervous. he leans over and whispers in my ears.

"they want me to propose to you. right here and now.  but its your choice." he says. he looks away from me.

i can see that he's blushing.

i stand up without saying anything. and i go to my old room.

no one follows me, no one says anything. until im out of the room. but our walls are thin, i can hear everything.

"what did you say to her" its my mother. i somehow knew this would be her idea, or at least she would encourage something like this.

i sat on my bed staring at the countless pictures of me and my friends. some of the things i left behind because i know i live only a couple minutes away from my mother. i would be able to see these things whenever i felt like it.

and tonight i felt like i had to come and look at these things. or at least, now i feel like looking at them.

"nothing, i asked her to mary me. and that it was completely her choice."

"why didnt you do it publicly. this would of been easier, i woman would be crazy to reject a guy publicly." my mother.

"she would" i could hear the sadness in his voice. "she's not even twenty years old, must she get married right now. i know im not the right guy for her, no matter how much i love her. but you guys should give this time. let her live her life, and if she decided to marry, it will be her choice." i then heard someone storm out of the house.

i looked outside my window. christian was outside, walking to his car. i opened my window.

"christian!" i yelled trying to get his attention. he turned to me and smiled. "thanks" i said.

i didnt know what else to say. i had nothing else to say. nothing.

i climbed out of my window like i used to do when i was a teenager. when i woudl sneak out.

once my feet were planted on the ground  turned and found christian a couple feet away from me, probably making sure i didnt kill myself.

"im sorry" i said while running to hug him,

"why?" he asked me, i could tell he was a little confused.

"im sorry that i dont like you like that. im in love with this guy... and only him, but i know, one day, youll make a girl very happy because your an amazing guy."

he looked pained. "i have to go" he said stepping away from me.

i nodded and let him to.

then i walked to my car and to my dorm.

i cried that night. im not really sure why but i felt sad. maybe because i know what it feels like to love someone who you cant have. or so i thought because james and i get to be together now.

were going ot on our first day one of these days, and im really exvited. 

hope fully its as amazing as i think it will be 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~'''

haha im having minor writers block, so the next chapter is just going to be the date. and after that... well i have many greta ideas for that. :D

vote and comment.