Inexplicable Attraction: 8

i had class today, and now i have to work. ive never really been excited to work, but i havent been in a good mood all week. first my friends all think im in love with james, thats why i lost my virginity to him. wich is ironic, i mean come on i payed it. ok that makes him sound dirty, and i dont mean it in a bad way. but the constant reminder that ill never see him again, unless i want to pay, is killing me. i cant stand to think, or even be alone, my mind wanders and i get completely crushed, and i hate it.

second reason why i have a bad mood, James is twenty three, he's hot, and well he kind of seems perfect. i have no chance with him, and that suks. im usualy very optomistic. i try to think as possitively as possible, but sometimes your brain doesnt not want to cooperate. stupid brain.

anyways i go into my dorm and decide to change into my uniform, i still have almost an hour to go to work, but it wont hurt to go and drink something while i wait for my shift to start. our uniform is a bergandy shirt, and black pants. of sourse mine are skinny jeans, and i bought vans that match the shirt. so i look ok when i go to work.

i get to work about twenty minutes early, so i sit and begin frinking a capucciono. i leave my drink on the counter and go to my locker to get my apron, i check in while im at it.

"so ben, who else is going to start" i ask my friend, he started his shift about an hour ago, and im sure he knows. i wish a girl would start her shift, i like ben. he's a good friend, but sometimes the guys here at work like to hit on me, and well its annoying. so if a girl starts working nothing bad will happen.

he smiles "yea i think Leslie works"

i smile, hooray for me. "ok thanks"

he nods, "no problem, hey i know your shift hasnt started but if someone comes an you take their orders. ill be back in a couple minutes, im going to get some things from the back, but just in case."

i smile. "sure"

then i jump over the counter and continue drinking my coffe. after a couple minutes i hear the bell from the door ring. i turn around and force on a smile.

"hello can i take your... ..."  i trail off, its james. at first im kind of shocked, why would he come to santa barbara. "umm.. order" wow, i cant belive today of all days i get to see him. i smile at myself knowing i look ok with my work uniform. and i remembered to do my makeup. 

he smiles as me so warmly, i cant help the butterflies in my stomach. the weird feeling when im near him, just like that night. "hi Amanda." then he looks up at our menu, to see what he's going to order. "can i get an iced coffee"

"sure." is all i say, then he gives me a ten dollar bill, i smile again. "um you can sit down, ill take it to you once its done."

he smiles again, god his smile is going to make me melt. and ill become a happy puddle on this floor knoing he caused it. i giggle as he begins walking away. "Thanks."

i work on his coffee and try not to over think this. when im done i walk over to him "her you go"