-11-

''She is pregnant.'' A lady's voice touched my ears. I felt my senses gain consciousness. My eyes didn't want to open now so I just lied there calming mY nerves after hearing the thing that I am pregnant. I was suspicious of it, and now it's confirmed.

''Uhh...pregnant?'' It was his voice, the man whom I want to shun now. How he has gripped me? Doesn't he know a feeling called PAIN? Ruthless beast!

''Yea Saood, but i am highly disappointed with you.'' The lady spoke with care evident in her voice. Saood? So ,his name is Saood.

''Why?What's my fault, Ayra?'' He was speaking carelessly.

''Can't you see her health? She is weak and pale. She needs care and healthy food along with a healthy environment, not that dingy room in which you've kept her as a captive.'' I admire you, Ayra. I wish I could be like her.

''I'm doing my duty. She is a witness or she could also be a crim....'' Ayra cut him amidst the sentence. ''What if she's not? Huh? And if she is, then also you shouldn't do like this. A new life is taking breath inside her.'' My heart ached remembering the filthy father of the new life developing inside my womb. A drop of salt water escaped my closed eyes and this moment haven't gone unnoticed as I shifted a little on the bed. My eyes opened but I closed them as soon as the light entered my pupils because he was standing near the bed staring directly at me.

''I know that I had kept her as a captive, but I, myself wants to believe and proof that she is innocent.'' He said it voluminously as if the words coming right through his heart , I don't care.

''And what would you say about the marks?'' What's she talking about?

''What marks?'' He seems clueless more than me.

''Purple and blue..... Physical torturing marks, you have been doing all this to her? To a woman? How could you stoop to that level?'' Oh, no! She saw my flaws, my weakness. I haven't wanted anyone to see that part of my life.

''For your information, I haven't done anything like that. But I would find out, soon.'' He said monotonously.

''Saleena....Saleena...wake up.'' Ayra caressed my cheek lightly and I opened my eyes to see a beautiful blonde women of my age. She looks like a model, her hairs tied in a high ponytail, a stethoscope in her hands.

''Hi, I'm Ayra. How're you feeling now?''

''Better.''

''I will be checking you daily, eat healthy and try to remain tension free. I know it's hard, Saood a tough guy....'' He cleared his throat. ''But he's a duty freak.'' Ayra glanced at him. ''She could stay here...and you also. I am always in the main city but weekends. What say?''

''No... I can't take a risk.'' He said.
But I want to stay here. Its comfortable, cosy and home like.

''Your workplace is just a minute away from here. And there's a thing called lock!'' Ayra cleared her point.

''Umm...I'm doing this only on your say.'' He peeked at me and immediately diverted his gaze towards Ayra. I felt happy. Ayra embraced him in a hug and kissed his cheek.

#53 in chicklit.