-10-

I wasn't feeling well since yesterday, and i have that thought in my mind which may be the cause of this untimely sickness. I don't know how to react to this, I am here as a prisoner, and how to confirm my doubt. I haven't eaten anything since yesterday night. I was feeling week but the thought of food only was giving me nauseous feeling.

The lunch tray was kept at the table. I glanced at the food and shrugged. After sometime, the same man who was giving me food daily came to collect the tray, but seeing it untouched, he diverted His attention towards me.

''Why aren't you eating? You haven't taken dinner and breakfast also?'' He was a plump man with grey and black hairs, I think he is for doing the odd jobs here. He asked me with a concerned look.

''I'm not hungry.'' I gave a short reply.

''Not eating food, will not do any good. Sir is back, if he'll come to know, he will get angry.'' Huh! That beast is back. A feeling of fear travelled my spine. No! I need to be strong. I had to get out of here.

''It's my life, I didn't want to eat, why would it matter to him?'' Hearing his comeback, I am having this ambiguous feeling of fear and anger.

''Do as you wish.'' He left.

I am so uncomfortable here, the clothes provided to me were a size bigger than me, but their long sleeves were what makes me contended. They hide the marks of my arms. But I wasn't having a piece of cloth for covering my head. May Allah forgive me for that and for not offering my salah. I sighed deeply staring at the door.

The door opened with a loud bang awakening me from forty winks. There he stood, the man i have started to loathe recently, today he looks completly different. He was wearing a casual oversized hoodie with sweatpants. Today I saw his hairs, jet black.

''What's your problem? Why can't you understand? Why can't you cooperate?'' He came near to the sofa where I was with my legs squeezed to my body.

''I am not well.'' I was quick in response. He leaned closer to my face, capturing me in between his arms on both sides of me.

''You need to cooperate with me. If you are innocent, you will be freed. But till then, no rebellion. Only following the orders.'' He said in a calm tone to which i nodded.

''Good. Now eat.'' He retreated back and stood with his hands in his hoodie's pockets.

''If you'll not follow my orders, then be ready for a run with me.'' That sentence provoked me.

''I'm not here to follow your orders.'' I said dryly. He leaned again, this time very much close. I feared he might hit me.

''Then whose orders you want to follow, your fucking asshole  husband?'' I spit on his face, it was an impulse. With no words to say, i did that without giving a second thought and the next moment my blood went cold of fear. He gripped my face, his fingers so tight that I fear they might cause a hole in my cheeks. I felt myself getting numb, darkness engulfing me with my eyelids getting heavier.